Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Blaming hunters

Biggest problem I see is someone reading "stuff" again. Should be called "Stuff ALL" because that would very accurately reflect the amount of research that goes into their stories as well as the amount of truth involved.......
    stingray likes this.

Fairfax media boys -lets not forget this is the same outfit who in fleet street London used cellphone messages of a wee murdered 11yr old lass to generate stories , and tapped the royal phones lines of the firm of Windsor INC the maggots! all this to allow one mangy old aussie to generate enough spondooolies to find himself a fresh bit of crumpet to decrepitly snuggle up in the marital sack with!!

Quote Originally Posted by HNTMAD View Post
    wonder how many sows are let go cos they want them to breed up and they want to catch a boar. I am not a pig hunter but have been on many pig hunts and it was common practice to let sows go.

Hamish
    Mostly if your out pig hunting all the time it comes down to ...how much pork do ya need .so if you catch a pig and you or your mates don't need it why kill it .if theres heaps around and there causing a problem sure but contrary to media that doesn't happen that often ...like gibo said ...same principle
    Danny likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Boaraxa View Post
    Mostly if your out pig hunting all the time it comes down to ...how much pork do ya need .so if you catch a pig and you or your mates don't need it why kill it .if theres heaps around and there causing a problem sure but contrary to media that doesn't happen that often ...like gibo said ...same principle
    There is a question of ethics and animal welfare sometimes. I dont own dogs but do hunt occasionally with people who do. I enjoy the physicality and up close and personal nature of it but have had a couple of disagreements over catch and release. Especially when the dogs have been on it for a while and its a bit chewed up. Some hunters post u tube videos that could provide the anti hunting rat pack with ammo.

Plenty get released, I know of a shepherd who let a few go on the back of the station he was working on, TB free farm, unfortunately the pigs came from a TB area and a couple turned out TB positive, caused all kinds of shit, Shepard found a new job QUICKLY, was a few years ago now.
    7mmwsm likes this.

Its natural that some like to think they protecting their hunting and want animals around in future to hunt. Many pigs and deer get released into the wild , its just a fact.Many don't shoot hinds etc and pighunters try release sows...DOC and others with 1080, and cullers would like nothing better to wipe out wild deer and pigs from NZ full stop. Its a impossible task, but they try and do what they can. Some hunters try and do what they can to maintain some animals in certain areas...its just life in NZ. Be it if you agree or not, shit happens

Blaming hunters

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    There is a question of ethics and animal welfare sometimes. I dont own dogs but do hunt occasionally with people who do. I enjoy the physicality and up close and personal nature of it but have had a couple of disagreements over catch and release. Especially when the dogs have been on it for a while and its a bit chewed up. Some hunters post u tube videos that could provide the anti hunting rat pack with ammo.
    We know that- Same will be said of people shooting at deer at ranges without killing cleanly. Wounding, not retrieving etc-poor form and doesn't sit solely with the pig hunting fraternity...it sits with people who seem to show fuck all respect to anything at all.

I try and release any pig I might catch that I do not need(ego or meat) as where I hunt the pigs numbers are such that they are born on the run and hunting utes are seen twenty deep at the local BP before dark any Saturday and Sunday morning.
    sometimes likes this.
    Dan M