Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: blaser r8

Tread carefully in the suck... ishoot10s's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    Alex used to have a great link on his site of all the assholes who owed him money. Some of it was big money too. He put up names, addresses, what was sold and even photos of these peoples homes etc. I think he'd even cut you in even if you recovered his money. The photos were usually of flash homes with boats and shit, so they weren't poor people, just assholes.
    Yeah, mostly he was stung by c^nts where he sent them the goods on their word that the cheque was in the mail, or soon would be, or he sent them stuff on appro that the pricks just kept... His nice-guy ways were taken advantage of by out and out c^nts, some of them real ones (sheilas). So he's moderated his niceness but is still a fair trader. I'm glad a few others in NZ have found it worth while dealing with him. With the sort of quality gear he's selling, I have no concerns about private parallel import waranty support etc as I consider I'm most unlikely to ever need it and the savings are a more significant consideration. I saved NZ $480 on the NF scope I landed last month, after currency conversion, shipping and all tax and customs charges.
    R93 likes this.
    10MRT shooters do it 60 times, in two directions and at two speeds.

R93
    +1 I have not done much threw him, but he was highly recommended to me and gets my vote. Always answers questions and such in a timely manner.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bavarian_Hunter View Post
    They're obviously awesome but is the extra few thousand dollars justifiable in an increased performance aspect? I don't think so, If you can work out a load for a Sako 85 that shoots half a MOA and a Blaser that does the same I dont think there is any difference just the aesthetics and the ability to say "I own a blaser".
    I still want one some day though!
    The Blaser system comes into its own once you buy a few barrels. You have a rifle with exactly the same stock and trigger pull every time in different calibers and is cheaper to have than multiple Sakos (or whatever floats your boat). It is also a great way to get around a few European countries laws of the number of firearms an individual is allowed to have at any one time.
    I will always have another rifle though as the Blaser does mean you can only shoot one barrel at a time so is not as versatile as multiple rifles i.e. if your kid wants to go shooting with you once they are capable. You will need another rifle.

Good write up Sidney, I'd been keen to have a look at your one sometime.
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    The Blaser system comes into its own once you buy a few barrels. You have a rifle with exactly the same stock and trigger pull every time in different calibers and is cheaper to have than multiple Sakos (or whatever floats your boat). It is also a great way to get around a few European countries laws of the number of firearms an individual is allowed to have at any one time.
    I will always have another rifle though as the Blaser does mean you can only shoot one barrel at a time so is not as versatile as multiple rifles i.e. if your kid wants to go shooting with you once they are capable. You will need another rifle.
    After I buy the christensen Arms carbon stock, I will have 2 93's But be buggered, if I am going to let my son use one. I will buy him something cheap and nasty, like a sako to start out with
    kiwijames likes this.

steady!!

Ejected
    Don't worry about it sakokid. The ol mans away the boy will be using what he wants He'll get home to find a nice rusty barrel, cause it is just a carbon steel thing
    R93 likes this.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Wirehunt View Post
    Don't worry about it sakokid. The ol mans away the boy will be using what he wants He'll get home to find a nice rusty barrel, cause it is just a carbon steel thing
    All my barrels are stainless but you are probably right about the rest

I thought stainless still rusted
    VIVA LA HOWA

Ejected
    Only if your reAL ROUGH Toby.

AB Precision
    Quote Originally Posted by Proudkiwi View Post
    I owned 2 Sako 85 fin's and I hated them. To this day I still don't know why I bought the second one?? I guess I forgot how much I hated the first one. Later on I took a risk and bought a 75 and it was light years ahead of the 85. The 85's feel horrible, loose action, unbalanced and just yuck. They would suit smaller statured people or women and children perfectly so if you fall into that category then definitely grab one

As far as the R8 goes, I love them. My ones even better now that I have got custom barrels sorted. Currently I'm running a professional in .223, 6.5x47L and 280AI. It would be fair to say they are an accurate system as all 3 barrels shoot in the .3's or better. I think there's probably a 7mm Wingman in my future as well.

I went with the R8 over the R93 purely because at the time of purchase I was advised that support for the R93 would cease in 2014. That may have been pushed out to 2015 now but the day is coming.

I added a bipod pin from Victor Maskin (prototype at the time of purchase) and its brilliant.

Its probably the one rifle system I wont sell. Once Christiansen Arms make a carbon stock for the R8 it will be perfect.

Talking about them makes me want to go shooting but the weather is sooo shit! I still haven't shot my new .338 Norma Mag from GA Precision either!! Stupid rain!!

Edit to add- The only down side to the Blasers as far as I'm concerned, is the NZ agents. Dealing with them is an exercise in futility. They honestly make you want to slit your wrists. They are that bad. Save yourself a fortune and get superb service and buy from Euro Optics if you want one.
    PLease show us mister........
    These guys make tac drivers

I've been meaning to put up a post about it. Was gonna wait till I shot it first though.

AB Precision
    Quote Originally Posted by Proudkiwi View Post
    I've been meaning to put up a post about it. Was gonna wait till I shot it first though.
    Hope the rain stops sooonnn.
    Shooting in the rain is shit an the range even more in the dark.......... Hurry up long weekend

Yeah, I'm over the rain as well. I might have a play this weekend if its fine.

I need to call you about a wingman too
    tui_man2 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bavarian_Hunter View Post
    They're obviously awesome but is the extra few thousand dollars justifiable in an increased performance aspect? I don't think so, If you can work out a load for a Sako 85 that shoots half a MOA and a Blaser that does the same I dont think there is any difference just the aesthetics and the ability to say "I own a blaser".
    I still want one some day though!
    Seen that argument plenty of times by people extolling the value of remingtons' over the expense of sakos'