Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree134Likes

Thread: Bugger the rain

I've been here for 14 years and I have standing water where it's never been before. Drilled a 400mm X 2m deep offal hole a while back. It's full to the top with ground seeped water. maybe I should get rid of the sheep and take up duck farming

Managed a quick trip on Friday despite the weeks rain before hand. No deer around but was hot and sunny majority of the day and those north facing gully heads certainly looked good. Few new slips around and a whole lot of windfall, etc. Was bloody good just to be back in the bush though

Its a bugger alright.

Name:  IMG_6843 2.jpeg
Views: 156
Size:  3.29 MB

Name:  IMG_6853.jpeg
Views: 146
Size:  4.70 MB
    Dingo likes this.
    Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing, and right-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.
    - Rumi

208 mils January to June inclusive at our place, 297mils for July!! Charteris Bay, Banks Peninsula. Nice to see some sun today.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    The rain can really bugger off now, had just been to town and stopped to check a water take we have up against the hills, usually it’s a quiet little creek but it’s a raging torrent at the moment and there was heaps of crap all built up around the intake so was fluffing around trying to clear that and ended up in the drink, pushed a wee way down stream and under some willows that had collapsed into the creek shit myself as I saw what was about to happen and really thought this is it I’m gonna get pinned down under these. After the shock of nearly drowning myself wore off discovered I also had my phone, wallet, and calving notebook in various pockets, all gone. Damn the rain!
    Glad to hear the damage was limited to things. I nearly drowned in the Waipakahi 40 years ago and it still scares the bejebus out of me thinking about it.

I guess we can safely say the drought is broken. Into lots of very wet pieces.