Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Can you help?

Quote Originally Posted by bigfish View Post
    Best shoot your first deer the hard way and save the easy stuff for later. If you really want to shoot a deer why on earth would you shoot a goat and leave it?
    I didnt actually shoot the goat i could have put one rite between the eyes with the way he was looking at me and were i was sitting but left him to carry on as that wasnt what i was after. As for easy from what if seen on google maps ect the next block i try i wouldnt say easy but easier than the last block but i havent givin up on that block either.

Quote Originally Posted by muzza View Post
    I thought you were after deer , not neutered sheep ...

Good luck EVILWAYZ, keep us posted how you go. As they say, nothing is for free, and a lot of public land that holds deer in the north island involves bush hunting - you will need to work for them as opposed to hunting the 'fallow farms'. Especially the public land around wangas with fallow, most of that is quite crappy.
    It takes a while to learn, and I don't profess to be any kind of expert myself, but once you can hunt the bush properly it is a skill that will feed your family for life, you will be pulling deer out of places that farm edge/river flat/pine block hunters could only dream of.
    veitnamcam, Nick.m and Neckshot like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pointer View Post

Good luck EVILWAYZ, keep us posted how you go. As they say, nothing is for free, and a lot of public land that holds deer in the north island involves bush hunting - you will need to work for them as opposed to hunting the 'fallow farms'. Especially the public land around wangas with fallow, most of that is quite crappy.
    It takes a while to learn, and I don't profess to be any kind of expert myself, but once you can hunt the bush properly it is a skill that will feed your family for life, you will be pulling deer out of places that farm edge/river flat/pine block hunters could only dream of.
    Thanks heaps for the words of wisdom pointer its good to now that there are fellow hunters out there wiling to help the newbies like myself. will definitly keep you posted and will have pics of my first when i get lucky.
    mucko likes this.

Well guys been a long time coming partly due to I don't get to get out much but I finally bagged my first deer a couple of weeks ago Im stoked and to make it even better tho no trophy it was a buck 7 points and off good size shot downhill at around 180m just above the shoulder longest shot Ive done tho not perfectly placed he went down were he stood and tastes great.

veitnamcam, Pointer, JoshC and 7 others like this.

Another young huntress
    Congrats on getting your first deer
    EVILWAYZ likes this.

Well done:thumbup:

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    EVILWAYZ likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Shot on your first deer. You always remember the first like it was yesterday. Ugly head (the deer that is) but some good eating hopefully.
    EVILWAYZ likes this.

Good stuff! Cant wait for my first!
    EVILWAYZ likes this.

yeah it is an ugly head tho not many can say they got a buck as their first. And yes he tastes good

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Well done on the fallow Evilwayz. Doesn't matter what the head looks like. It is what the back end tastes like that is important.
    falconhell, EVILWAYZ and mucko like this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

to true rushy I have no intention of being a trophy hunter im in it to put meat on the table and to just get out there and enjoy it
    veitnamcam and Neckshot like this.

Banned
    Good on you Brother!.Well done and you scored your first animal on DOc land mate.
    Pointer and EVILWAYZ like this.

cheers guys but wasnt doc land this time a mate took me in to a forestry block well he said it was more like a gorse plantation with a few pines in it lol

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by EVILWAYZ View Post
    cheers guys but wasnt doc land this time a mate took me in to a forestry block well he said it was more like a gorse plantation with a few pines in it lol
    Ahh ok sweet close enough gorse is shit house to hunt thru so well done any way mate.
    EVILWAYZ likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Neckshot View Post
    Ahh ok sweet close enough gorse is shit house to hunt thru so well done any way mate.
    Lol shit house is right still got the lil red dots all over my legs and pulling the odd one out of my hands and its 3 weeks ago today but we were determined to get him nothing was getting in the way. All in all was a good hunt even the weather played its part and didn't start raining until we were getting back in the Ute all in all I think it was only like 3 maybe 4 hours from getting in the Ute in the morning to getting back to my mates with the deer on the back. Spooked one before we found this guy didn't see it thru the overgrown gorse but sounded heavy on its feet as it bailed down hill
    Neckshot likes this.