Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Clements Mill Road

Great week in Clements Mill Road...Monday hunt up the Tirua track, no sign bugga all tucka....Tuesday...15 mins from the road just past the Long Mile ....a nice hind but I was too slow.....yikes!!!...mate Smillie comes back with meat from a yearling AND a hind in the same place...Wednesday sign but nuffin.....Thursday spooked another up past the Long Mile...Friday sign only....perfect weather...two frosts...other hunters took meat home this week as well....Merry Christmas to you all and thanx for your info through the year...

nice

Hell yes....beautiful back straps, some stew 'er indoors made into pies...wonderful...nek minnit back in March just before the roar....!!!
    Scouser likes this.

BruceY & others,

We who hunt this area know that it is one of the most heavily hunted areas in the Nth Island yet the sneaky little sods seem to keep keeping on despite the Dept of Corruption's 1080 aerial drops ( more planned I believe??).

I have been hunting off Clements for over 35 years & I'm still learning the areas and the many tricks these little turbo charged ratbags get up to!!!!

There are a few things I do:
    1. Always drive the road with my head lights ON.
    2. Always have dayglo orange ALL over me and the dog!!!
    3. Check the wind direction often when I get onto any fresh sign.
    4. NEVER go near the place over easter!!!!!

AND: ALWAYS HAVE A LOT OF FUN & ENJOYMENT!!!!

HAPPY & SAFE HUNTING EVERYONE.
    Scouser and Carpe Diem like this.

Well said Koro.
    Dan M

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Well said Koro.

Nah nah my name is " Honest Dave" who's Koro Bro??????
    Danny likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Well said Koro.
    Danny,

You of all people should know, that: If you play with fire, you'll get burnt!!!!!!! eh????
    Danny likes this.

Great trip to catch up with Brucey and to knock a couple of sika over. I will return with my two sons (6 &8) but not in the silly season. Not a lot of obvious tucker around for the deer, especially with most of the pines gone. The two I shot were in excellent condition and taste very nice.The sika might get a knock to their numbers until the pines and grass return. Look forward to catching up again.
    Cheers
    Ruger

Ruger...a couple of guys camped at Army Road went up and skirted the pine edges..,said the grass was starting to grow, one shot a hind in good order....I lurked up around Maori Arm, but it was pretty dry and no obvious sign...See ya in earlky March BEFORE the silly season...

Now someone chipped me about that Tirua track that I mentioned...said it was the Te Iringa....however this 'older gent told me that was not the original track to Te Iringa Hut...the burnt out one...(that I remember)...if anyone can shed some light on that it would be interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by BruceY View Post
    Now someone chipped me about that Tirua track that I mentioned...said it was the Te Iringa....however this 'older gent told me that was not the original track to Te Iringa Hut...the burnt out one...(that I remember)...if anyone can shed some light on that it would be interesting...
    BruceY,
    The name of the track was the Pirua. It was also called the "old hunter access track" to the Te Iringa hut (that was). There was also a hut at the track start called the Pirua ( possible spelt Pirau??? I can't remember) hut, just up on the left over the second bridge. When they put the current Te Iringa track in that old track became disused but you can still follow it up aways as it follows an old pulling track.
    The Pirua hut and the old house at Clements clearing and the Hinemaia hut at the end of the road all got dealt to by the good old Forest Service in the late 1970's early 80's.

A bit of old history for the record and fairly pointless if the Dept of Corruption keeps throwing 1080 over OUR Recreational Hunting Area (RHA)!!!!! eh????? '

Thanks Topgun....will call in to the EMPORIUM when I get to sneak into the great wild yonder....Cheers & happy new year to every bushman....

Thanks Topgun....will call in to the EMPORIUM when I get to sneak into the great wild yonder....Cheers & happy new year to every bushman....
    Ah Ha, so our paths HAVE crossed previously????? I look forward to having a " Serious" natter.!!!!!

Thats a bit of a bummer Nick...yes she was a rough nite...my mate and I could only hunt August/Sept ...he was a milk tanker driver, and man we had some wet hunts in there then!!!!
    Your mate wouldn't be another Bruce by any chance ?
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Nah Pengy....only Bruce I met one day years ago on the Te Iringa, was and now I'm relying on the old R.A.M....was a Bruce Wattman from Te Aroha I believe...wonder if he's still in these hills...