Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Clements Road Info

To all you hunters out there who cared to help thanx....we are GOING in week days, so the human population should be manageable eh...!! Also condolences to those have lost mates in the bush....Rule 4 always applies..Cheers will report back...
    Danny, Shearer, Carpe Diem and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceY View Post
    To all you hunters out there who cared to help thanx....we are GOING in week days, so the human population should be manageable eh...!! Also condolences to those have lost mates in the bush....Rule 4 always applies..Cheers will report back...
    Good luck Bruce, there's animals in there alright, be safe, be seen, hot barrels mate!
    Danny and Woody like this.
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Thanks Hayden ....preciate that...

Thanks Scouser...weather looking pretty good, this time next Monday...Sika backstraps for tea eh...!!!!????
    Scouser likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    I've lost three mates shot in there over the past 30 years. I never go there during the roar.
    God that's crazy. Puts me right off trying to do anything during the roar.

It's not the roar just yet, so mid week hunting should be OK, but watch out in May / June.

Banned
    Sika and reds roaring in the kaweaka southern blocks

Hi guys
    Kaweka-K, lots of sign down the stream you suggested....but 1 hour into the hunt Monday am 15 mins off Clements road bout half way between the Mill & Army Road...good breeze on the face a really good stag (only he saw him from the neck back and no time to throw some lead,) goes left away and puts a good tree between us, the girls, two good hinds and two yearlings go right...one yearling hind in a stand of small trees 35 metres away and eyeballs me .....I dont move she dont move...a stockstill stare out for five minutes....she lowers her head at last, I bring the firestick very slowly up but nearly at the shoulder...realises its not going end well and heads off.....BUGGA....the stag was meantime was going ballistic from behind his tree!!!! I stalked him moving away for 20 mins but headed for some shit windfall that I couldnt get thru quietly...so thats the excitement for my trip....the grandson chased a few down but no luck....oh well next time...plenty of sign for easter tho' good luck guys....70 permits already issued according to DOC...
    Pengy, Scouser, sometimes and 1 others like this.

Banned
    Well I hunted the road today and found very few people there 5 cars at Teringa car park but they bow hunters, 1 car at the mill , 4 cars at end of road .There was a stag roaring this morning .but I needed to head to the tops for a look around so left the stag .Found a scrape and plenty of hinds so all good for later .Manage to see a hind on the road last night, but don't spotlight so let it go .There is a deer feeding along the quarry track so if you all hunt that 1 the road should be safe

All those people just be sure its a stag that's roaring. Always remember to Identify your target this coming 'silly' season guys. Happy hunting

Go over Easter. No one there then.
    Pengy likes this.
    Experience. What you get just after you needed it.

K-Weka Kid....those are my trax driving up the Quarry track in my lil Toymoto Townace....had to back down aways (or get suspended on the humps...lmao......two possum trappers from Taupo working in there, one at the road end maroon ute, nd one fulla new white toyota ute..
    Grandson and i found good fresh sign on most trax away from the road...might sneak back in next week...now did i tell you fullas about the two A-merycaan women, and how bladdered they got around our campfire at night...oh well some other time...
    May you lead be hot and straight....