Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Member petree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    napier
    Posts
    150

    Comet hut to ruahine hut

    Well my question is in the title ,has any one done this? How long did it take you? And also would you be able to cross the river this time next Friday 27th we getting some good weather .

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    642
    Quote Originally Posted by petree View Post
    Well my question is in the title ,has any one done this? How long did it take you? And also would you be able to cross the river this time next Friday 27th we getting some good weather .
    River is very weather dependent - Shutes to Ruahine around 5-6 hours depending on whether you are hunting or not. Be wary of anyone coming the other way from Ruahine Hut if they have driven in from Big Hill...

  3. #3
    Member petree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    napier
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickoli View Post
    River is very weather dependent - Shutes to Ruahine around 5-6 hours depending on whether you are hunting or not. Be wary of anyone coming the other way from Ruahine Hut if they have driven in from Big Hill...
    Yer I have the permit for big hill,so itís a good chance to meet the other party in there to keep my pack light
    So about 7 hours? Any way I can check if the river is sweet to cross?
    Thanks for your help

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    14
    Yep, about 7 hrs is a good estimate. Its more downhill than up.
    This is a very handy site for checking river levels and rainfall around the Hawkes Bay.
    https://www.hbrc.govt.nz/hawkes-bay/.../river-levels/

    Enjoy the walk
    Cheers, Karlos

  5. #5
    Member petree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    napier
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by karlos View Post
    Yep, about 7 hrs is a good estimate. Its more downhill than up.
    This is a very handy site for checking river levels and rainfall around the Hawkes Bay.
    https://www.hbrc.govt.nz/hawkes-bay/.../river-levels/

    Enjoy the walk
    Cheers, Karlos
    Thanks for the reply
    More down hill than up is great news ,sounds like my kind of walk

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Ruahine red
    By rambo rem700 in forum The Magazine
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-03-2018, 09:54 PM
  2. Ruahine Blow Out
    By Dundee in forum The Magazine
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 07-02-2017, 09:30 PM
  3. Ruahine waro
    By Kooza in forum Hunting
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 22-12-2015, 09:54 PM
  4. Ruahine Red
    By Sako85 in forum The Magazine
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-04-2015, 04:20 PM
  5. Ruahine Rampage
    By craigc in forum The Magazine
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 25-10-2014, 10:41 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!