Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Complaint from neigbour

Freaks like her are everywhere mate. Most of them are all piss and wind, and if you have a good rep with the rest of you neighbours she'll be the one who looks like the idiot, not you. Don't respond to her at all, ignore her. People like her generally don't last long in small communities. I'm sure if your AO is concerned he will get in touch. It's at that time you can have an in depth discussion with him about it. Would pay to have someone, like another neighbour with you as a witness in such a situation. Personally if you're in the right, you have nothing to worry about.
    R93 and shift14 like this.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

Protect your licence,
    you have enough hassles without contacting police and giving up your name for something you have not even done.
    Bloody hard to prove you didn't at times when they swear you did.All it will gain you is a note on your file that will be looked at once your licence expires and its time for a new one.

Some free pressies for the owner who defended you.

There are some very vindictive people out there who just love to complain and make trouble for others about anything.They have empty lives and are always on the lookout for some way to cause hassles.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Beetroot the advice here is consistent. Do nothing unless you are contacted by the Police.
    kiwi39 likes this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

A similar thing has happened in Hunua over the past month. Someone (the cops won't say who) has complained their cattle beast was shot dead with a shotgun. Naturally, cops swoop cos irresponsible behaviour with a gun is involved.
    Of course me and any other neighbours with guns get nervous it'll be a witch hunt and go into defensive mode and answer honestly about movements, shooting activity etc.
    Next thing, I ask the officer what the wound looked like... Was he sure it was a shotgun? "Oh, we haven't seen the beast. It's down an offal pit." Wtf!?
    So the police are running around investigating and freaking everyone in the neighbourhood out that there's an irresponsible (or nut job) gun owner running around farms shooting neighbours stock, without first verifying there is actually a shot animal to investigate!!
    I still haven't decided weather to make a bigger deal out of it, like making a complaint to the Minister or area commander. I would have thought one of the first things they teach at Police college would be to 'get the facts straight and confirm what specifically it is you need to investigate.' I'm even more surprised that the officers CO directed them to pursue it without more evidence of cause of death, or whether there was ever even an animal dead at all, as it could well be one of those people who just wants to rid the world of guns making a malicious complaint.
    veitnamcam and thomas like this.

What everyone else said.

Plus of course you thought she was talking about somebody else, because you knew you hadn't done anything wrong.

Wish I could claim it wasn't me, but doubt that'l work. I don't think I could get in trouble for being dangerous, but you can still get a fine for up to $3000 for being annoying, but due to having never been told off in the past 4 years, hopefully I can avoid that too.

But who knows, nothing might come from it, and I'll take the advice of saying nothing.

But I'm sure she's made up all sorts, so I'll try take some photos of the area in case I am approached. I'm popular with one of the neighbors she claimed complained about me, and he also knows what a bitch she is. So I have a few bases covered if anything happens.

Thanks guys.
    Hunt4life likes this.

The reality is you had permission from the land owner, he clearly trusts you as he wouldn't hand over your name.
    Leave it at that.
    Your just worrying yourself for no reason, let her do the worrying/stressing.
    Toby likes this.

Totally understand your distress Beetroot. Chin up. As long as you're confident you were doing nothing wrong, try to forget about it. It would be soul destroying for many of us hunters if we had our license revoked and civil liberty trodden on. So always be vigilant with safety and distance if you go back to the same farm (any farm of course). Better yet, never go back alone, so there's always a second witness to the truth.
    The GPS is a Stirling idea and most smartphones now have apps which would record your walk on G.Earth if you can't afford a Garmin unit

Is 200m from someones house far enough to be shooting?

I was at the Waiuku Pistol club once. Strictly no shooting after 5pm. Someone that was on a pistol range emptied a mag right on 5pm. A lady from one of the nearby house flew down in her car and did her nuts

^? Everything is open to interpretation ay. That's why it's a bit scary when your freedom and license is on the line.
    200m? Depends on direction of fire, calibre/noise, relationship to/with neighbour, etc. I've discharged my firearms within 100m of our closest neighbours on occasion, but we get on ok. I wouldn't do it on a different neighbours boundary and nor would I shoot that close if I was shooting as a guest and wasn't on my own land.
    sako75 likes this.

You have the right to remain silent, exercise it.
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!

I thought that saying was only in the movies then get taken out the back and persuaded to talk

Shes all talk. The fact that she waited to see an AO before making a complaint means shes just a shit stirrer.

The GPS idea wouldn't work in a court as you can easily turn it off/on at will.

P38
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    Don't do anything
    +1

Do nothing.

Including winding up said nut job.

Cops don't know who you are.

I'd just keep a low profile for awhile.

Cheers
    Pete

I've dealt with my fair share of nutty females beetroot. Say nothing stay cool and chill out don't worry.

I got a permit to hunt and disturb ducks on the local areodrome a few years back as the flying school member that was also permitted to do the same got to many complaints from the said bitch. Complaining about the noise of the shotgun and she moved from Dorkland to beside a busy airfield and main highway.

I spent two weeks disturbing ducks lawfully.

I had a lot of fun and scored a few birds,one was a pigeon that was released by a pigeon racing member while he was having dinner that didn't get home.

The cops were notified every time a shot was fired by this b**th in the end I gave up as the crops were nearly ready to go back into grass. I had to notify police comms when I was going to shoot and when the last shot would be fired. On the last day I shot there I saw 6 ducks by the hangar and notified the cops. I said there will be a few shots then I'm going home. I still had to let them know when I was finished and I explained to them 6 shots then I'll be gone. I pulled the plug after that.

Cleared the airfield for the mighty DC3 that was touring from duck hazards.

Another time I went down to the airfield on a Thursday night which is club night few quick shots then headed home and passed the cop car turning down to the areodrome as I a was getting onto the main highway. Club members weren't to happy but I was gone
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive