Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Dead goats

Many moons ago I rafted the Motu. Rang the local DoC office and asked if it was worth taking a rifle down the river for goats and deer. " Yeah, there's heaps in there Go for it". For 4 days we were surrounded with the smell of thousands of decomposing goat carcasses . The entire river system honked to high hell Saw zero animals.

Asked the guy who picked us up what was the story. " Oh, DoC had a search and destroy chopper in there a couple of weeks ago. Cleaned the whole place up"
    Micky Duck and m101a1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cigar View Post
    The rules around here (Waikato DC) are that you can only put stuff in an offal hole from your own property. Probably need a resource consent to do otherwise.
    Small bits and pieces go in the rubbish collection, larger stuff I dig a hole in the vege garden and bury it, but I'm running out of vege garden!
    Job vacancies in Hamilton, they need new parking wardens…….they keep losing them
    XR500 likes this.
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

Years back I was shooting rabbits on the family farm and put the rough ones in the neighbors pig pen which they munched on happily, hours later I get a very disgruntled phone call from the neighbor who i forgot was a devout vegan who "rescued" old kunikuni pigs and feral goats, she insisted her pig doesn't eat rabbits and that I should remove the one I threw in there. I put in 5 but the pig was full by the sounds of it. Either way in hindsight, not my place to be doing things like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Louie View Post
    Years back I was shooting rabbits on the family farm and put the rough ones in the neighbors pig pen which they munched on happily, hours later I get a very disgruntled phone call from the neighbor who i forgot was a devout vegan who "rescued" old kunikuni pigs and feral goats, she insisted her pig doesn't eat rabbits and that I should remove the one I threw in there. I put in 5 but the pig was full by the sounds of it. Either way in hindsight, not my place to be doing things like that.
    the pig was probably in raptures...far better than scabby old cabbage leaves.......
    Louie likes this.