Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: UV rabbit hole

MB

UV rabbit hole

Two identical pouches from the same retailer and manufacturer purchased a month or two apart. Stored in the same place. Neither treated with any product.

And under UV light...

Odd how only the bottom half of the buckle on the right bag is glowing blue.

Quote Originally Posted by JessicaChen View Post
    Odd how only the bottom half of the buckle on the right bag is glowing blue.
    This will be due to the color masterbatch and/or uv stabilizer used in the material formulation when moulding the part. Each part will likely be moulded in different moulds at different times and there material mix is not consistent or correct between each moulding.

When I lived in Malaysia I had a pet scorpion that glowed bright green under uv light. Pretty cool.

Banned
    So which one will you wear night clubbing ?
    tetawa, rugerman, Maca49 and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Moa Hunter View Post
    So which one will you wear night clubbing ?
    Won't need his mask either.
    Moa Hunter likes this.

I ran some uv light over my gear. Check out my stoney creek blaze vestName:  IMG_20220419_080124.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  1.17 MB

And yet I've shot plenty of deer wearing it.
    Moa Hunter likes this.

Name:  IMG_20220419_080552.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  1.16 MB

Next to a SC midlayer of fleece in tuatara
    MB likes this.

MB
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    My branded Buff in blaze orange looks like it's on fire under UV! It would be interesting to take a UV torch in to the bush in the day and at night to see how much of it lights up. Who knows what this means in real hunting situations, probably nothing most of the time. However, for close up bush hunting, my feeling is that camo does make a difference. I was bush hunting with two buddies, one in normal camo, one in blue camo. Guess which one stuck out like a sore thumb?

At risk of this thread deteriorating in to "I've shot plenty of deer wearing stubbies and a plaid shirt", staying still and quiet are the most important factors.

Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    My branded Buff in blaze orange looks like it's on fire under UV! It would be interesting to take a UV torch in to the bush in the day and at night to see how much of it lights up. Who knows what this means in real hunting situations, probably nothing most of the time. However, for close up bush hunting, my feeling is that camo does make a difference. I was bush hunting with two buddies, one in normal camo, one in blue camo. Guess which one stuck out like a sore thumb?

At risk of this thread deteriorating in to "I've shot plenty of deer wearing stubbies and a plaid shirt", staying still and quiet are the most important factors.
    ....wind will mess things up before anything else.

Do you keep your mouth closed and breathe through you nose, or take your dentures out? If you’ve got your own teeth, your screwed
    Nickoli likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    Yep i am slowly learning that it is more about movement (and the wind) than what colors I am wearing. However it is still nice to minimize the ability for the deer to spot me.
    MB likes this.

I know a lot of insects, flowers, and birds utilize the UV color spectrum though im not sure how many in New Zealand do. A big block of UV from a hunting vest would stick out a lot more than some dots of UV from flowers and bugs. But yeah it would probably look really cool if the NZ bush had some UV dotted about, would look pretty at night under those blue lights.
    MB likes this.

sneakywaza I got

Why the fuck would deer wear pants?

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Do you keep your mouth closed and breathe through you nose, or take your dentures out? If you’ve got your own teeth, your screwed
    That only applies if the hillbilly catches you.
    Don't let the hillbilly catch you.