Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree21Likes
  • 7 Post By wtd
  • 1 Post By bunji
  • 3 Post By paremata
  • 2 Post By short swede
  • 1 Post By wekaman
  • 4 Post By wtd
  • 3 Post By bunji

Thread: Did the story come out on that big Stewart Island Whitetail?

Did the story come out on that big Stewart Island Whitetail?

Anyone remember that big "record" Buck that was taken a while back ,l thought someone posted it was one of the fella's off here yet never seen any follow up & search is not showing anything , so l am guessing it was just a photo thrown up in a random thread .From memory the guy had been camped out in some shitty weather for days & was taken not far from town .

My memory was just jogged while talking to a mate this morning ,who hunts Stewart Island twice a year for the last 14yrs & on his last trip this year he seen the biggest Buck ever twice but could not get a clear shot.
    Last edited by bunji; 09-11-2021 at 03:54 PM.
    "Fair Winds and Following Seas" - Capt Ron You Glorious Bastard.

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help. " President Ronald Reagan

Gone but not forgotten

wtd
    Name:  Cover.JPG
Views: 1219
Size:  1.19 MB
    This buck is a chapter of my new book which I hope will be available before Christmas. 320 pages full colour over 200 pictures. To be notified when ready email me at wtd243@gmail.com $40 plus postage. John DeLury

Thanks mate ,guess this must of been updated when we were allowed out of lock down again or into (this Chyna Flu cluster fuck has everything confused).
    @Huntn any update with age & any other photos,more info on the hunt etc .As l missed it back then congrats on a ripper trophy
    Huntn likes this.

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help. " President Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by bunji View Post
    Thanks mate ,guess this must of been updated when we were allowed out of lock down again or into (this Chyna Flu cluster fuck has everything confused).
    @Huntn any update with age & any other photos,more info on the hunt etc .As l missed it back then congrats on a ripper trophy
    The buck has been aged at 6. As John has said above there is a bit of a story about the hunt in his new book that will hopefully be out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by wtd View Post
    Attachment 183153
    This buck is a chapter of my new book which I hope will be available before Christmas. 320 pages full colour over 200 pictures. To be notified when ready email me at wtd243@gmail.com $40 plus postage. John DeLury
    Got the book today thanks, looking forward to reading it over xmas. Cheers for signing it too.
    stingray, Micky Duck and PadLo like this.
    Pack out heavy

Great book if you want a readers free review well worth the purchase
    paremata and PadLo like this.

Agreed, half way through it. Well put together, great stories, good photos, really compliments the previous book
    Boxton likes this.

wtd
    So pleased to read paramata, short swede and wekaman have been enjoying the my book. Here is a review that appeared in the Fishing Paper & Hunting News.
    https://thefishingpaper.pdftomobile....ws/book-review

@wtd Missus got me the book for Xmas ,fantastic read highly recommend it to anyone .

I have been lucky to hunt around the world over the years but Stewart Island & Fiordland are still among my favorite hunting grounds of any where in the world & is the reason we brought our farm down here nearly 2 decades ago so we can hunt/spearfish both multiple times a year .Too many Kiwi's do not appreciate what we have in our country .

The book is such a good read l have got the missus to put it away ,so l can read it uninterrupted, without a house full of xmas guests interrupting & will read it when we take off next week for couple of days away on our Jet Boat Hunt & Spearfishing at the Bach .

Well done mate it is great to read books written by someone who not only loves the experience of Hunting , but the unique country side they are hunting in .
    Micky Duck, paremata and Ned like this.

wtd
    Quote Originally Posted by bunji View Post
    @wtd Missus got me the book for Xmas ,fantastic read highly recommend it to anyone .

I have been lucky to hunt around the world over the years but Stewart Island & Fiordland are still among my favorite hunting grounds of any where in the world & is the reason we brought our farm down here nearly 2 decades ago so we can hunt/spearfish both multiple times a year .Too many Kiwi's do not appreciate what we have in our country .

The book is such a good read l have got the missus to put it away ,so l can read it uninterrupted, without a house full of xmas guests interrupting & will read it when we take off next week for couple of days away on our Jet Boat Hunt & Spearfishing at the Bach .

Well done mate it is great to read books written by someone who not only loves the experience of Hunting , but the unique country side they are hunting in .
    Thanks for your comments, appreciated. John