Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: disabled or physically impaired hunting ...

Snee Road Stumpy
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

SiB
    A pony could be the answer. Can you stand on rt leg to lift left foot into a low stirrup? You hold onto withers (mane) but that lift and swing the right leg over is doable. You won't be the first amputee.

Seriously- make an enquiry at your local riding for the disabled. I'm sure they'll help you skill up and there are quiet old nags out there. Nothing to lose!!!!!

I rode for years and hunted on horseback too.

And its not easy to drown your transport crossing a river where as motorised transport and a river can end in expensive tears!!
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Horse back hunting sounds like one very good option. Hope you nail a few soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Interesting. My mate is just getting used to his new leg (has a cup thing?). Same as you by the looks (above the knee) How does on go about getting a set up like that?

No help on the quad access either mate. Kaimais and Otawa you would make it .5 of a metre if you hit it at a hundy
    hi , as for your mate , getting the surgery , (i also used a socket based system ) he needs to be very vocal about getting it , i am the full ACC funded first patient in NZ ,. if mine goes well and if ACC deem it a success and can see the benifits over a socket based prosthetic , then it will be avalible .... makes sure your mate stays healthy and fit ... as for the rest of his live he would have an open stoma(hole) in his leg that must be cleaned and kept clean very religously .
    NO MATTER HOW MUCH IT HURTS, HOW DARK IT GETS OR HOW FAR YOU FALL , .....
    YOU ARE NEVER OUT OF THE FIGHT . (Marcus Luttrell)

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    hi , as for your mate , getting the surgery , (i also used a socket based system ) he needs to be very vocal about getting it , i am the full ACC funded first patient in NZ ,. if mine goes well and if ACC deem it a success and can see the benifits over a socket based prosthetic , then it will be avalible .... makes sure your mate stays healthy and fit ... as for the rest of his live he would have an open stoma(hole) in his leg that must be cleaned and kept clean very religously .
    Could imagine if your femur was to become infected it could go sour very quickly?

the rate around the world of secondary infection is very low ... the primary infection is skin based , and you get an amount of over granualtion of the stoma , which is eased with choloidial silver cream ... so long as i am careful ans sensible it will be fine ..... because socket based prostheics suck ass....
    NO MATTER HOW MUCH IT HURTS, HOW DARK IT GETS OR HOW FAR YOU FALL , .....
    YOU ARE NEVER OUT OF THE FIGHT . (Marcus Luttrell)

Stumpy, there are quad tracks at Kiko Road in the Kaimanawas. To the northwest of the car park. They are shown on the maps. DOC and/or the forestry try to stop access there by digging trenches, but someone always cuts a new route, which links up to the tracks/old forestry roads that lead in for ages, you'll even come across abandoned car on the track. I've seen a few quads parked up in there over the years.
    stumpy likes this.
    Welcome to Sako club.

hi stumpy a mate of mine has his leg missing above the knee, he goes over the mountain like a fuckin goat he works with a couple of crutches that he has bent to suite him. he launches himself forward on them covering about 5 foot at a time, he can walk me into the grund
    stumpy likes this.

Ejected
    Sorry dude my post came accross as anti getting amongst it, quite the opposite. People like yourself are an inspiration.
    I just find the science and at the same time the very industrial approach they take intruging.
    stumpy likes this.

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    Depends on where you are. There is some reasonable quad hunting access not far from wellie.

Stumpy - over in the Aorangis there is quad access at the North end

Martinborough centre, head South, left on Blue Rock Rd then to the end there is access to Sutherlands Hut.

One gate on the road in to close behind ya

At the roadend, jump on the quad and go down the hill to Sutherlands Hut. Just before the hut up the hill to the Southeast is the track that goes up to the ridge and access the park that way.
    Track is steep and rocky to get up to the ridge

Good luck
    stumpy likes this.

Ejected
    Geebiz hamsav what happend there? Great last name BTW

Oh yeah, Akatarawa Forest - check Greater Wgtn Regional Council online for info and permits

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Bloody hell Hamsav that is seriously messed up.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms