Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hi Vietnamcam,

I've had my share of uncooperative web sites at times so this is the school of hard knocks speaking. Apologies if these are a bit simple, but here are some ideas I've used at times:

Totally exit all programs and switch off computer then back on. Make sure its not set to reopen previous windows. You can get a list of what's running in MS Windows by pressing CTRL ALT DEL and looking at applications then kill them one by one (great fun).

Set browser to accept a few cookies and allow popups. Often the crucial instruction is in a pop up I've blocked. Usually you can allow popups or cookies from just sites you want. An obscure message may appear in a toolbar somewhere asking you if you will allow an exception. Also try clearing all old cookies. Usually you can control these through control panel>internet>security or a settings app in mac rather than in the browser but look in both.

Update Java and adobe flash player or allow them to do it spontaneously. A naughty trojan has been around the past week and my flash committed harikiri. it looks as if patches have come out . Also, update your browser (updates for firefox arrived tonight).

Preferably, use firefox which you can get free. Also go to google site and download and install their browser, chrome. It works really well and its good to have two alternatives you can choose from, with separate history and bookmarks. If you use Internet Explorer, all the best !

Try someone else's computer and in 4 months the problem will probably have gone away.

Remember: "Computers are chaotic" and "users are never wrong - software is just insufficiently helpful".
    Bagheera

Thanks for that will try.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Just had the same problem. Firefox 11 is a box of poos, I got my online permit fine before and then upgraded firefox, then some weird error message which didn't make sense. After a lot of farting around I tried with interweb explorer and it worked fine. Went through the work computer drama a while ago, as it requires a secure connection the work computer spat the dummy.

Got Kiwi Greg to do me one
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.