Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Does the 6mm hornady 105gn bthp

Anyone got experience with this bullet in a hunting situation (mainly goats and a few fellow ) however I don’t get into that “it’s just a goat” like alot of people and want my bullets to work properly and be as humane as possible
    Factory ammo is way cheaper like almost half the cost loaded with this bullet than the 103 edlx “hunting” bullet
    Im going to buy 100 rounds for the new 6 arc when it arrives to shoot for brass
    But after zeroing it will mainly be used for hunting so i want to make sure it will work well

They're lethal on goat size game. Didn't shoot any fallow with them.

I've used them in the .243. Just pull the tip over a fine file a few passes to lower / open up the HP. Doesn't take much.

I've got some photos of them post-filing somewhere, if I find them later I'll post again.
    Just...say...the...word

Quote Originally Posted by Flyblown View Post
    They're lethal on goat size game. Didn't shoot any fallow with them.

I've used them in the .243. Just pull the tip over a fine file a few passes to lower / open up the HP. Doesn't take much.

I've got some photos of them post-filing somewhere, if I find them later I'll post again.
    Cool if they smash the goats they will probably be awesome on fallow aswell
    Opening up the Hp a little with a file is a brilliant idea even a little sanding disk on a drill press with a depth stop for a bit of extra consistency