Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Educate this Canadian

Quote Originally Posted by canuck hunter View Post
    Speaking of funds, I priced one of those "mufflers" from Brownell's (USA) and the things cost more than my rifles. Earmuffs are a lot cheaper and work for construction too.
    Wow thats expensive for a suppressor. As mentioned DPT do a decent one, Gunworks has the Spartan at around $300 kiwi, How easy are they to get into canada from here? And what are the legal issues around ownership there?

To be honest, if you know your way around engineering gear like Lathes, they are not too hard to make, time consuming is the biggest factor. Getting it refined enough to get the most out if it too is difficult, but the basic manufacture of something that will work not so much.

Brownell's prices range from $600 to $1100 USD so 35% more in Canadian dollars. Most of my rifles are military Swedish M-96, M-38 and a couple M-98's and none cost me more than $150, so it's hard to justify a suppressor.
    A suppressor moves from rifle to rifle... It's not the value of the rifle to consider, but the value of your
    hearing, and just how pleasant it is to shoot with a suppressor.
    gadgetman, tikka and Micky Duck like this.

Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    Wow thats expensive for a suppressor. As mentioned DPT do a decent one, Gunworks has the Spartan at around $300 kiwi, How easy are they to get into canada from here? And what are the legal issues around ownership there?

To be honest, if you know your way around engineering gear like Lathes, they are not too hard to make, time consuming is the biggest factor. Getting it refined enough to get the most out if it too is difficult, but the basic manufacture of something that will work not so much.
    Suppressors fall under Prohibited in Canada so it wouldn't be worth the hassle, in 2017 a lobby group tried to get them allowed for non hunting use and it never made it to 1st reading in the house of commons.

Quote Originally Posted by moosemeat View Post
    I’m in Courtice just outside of Oshawa east of Toronto
    Well this is different meeting Canadians on the other side of the world instead of our back yards.
    Resident of "The Great White North" a.k.a. Canada

Well this is different meeting Canadians on the other side of the world instead of our back yards.
    One of my best and oldest friends lives in Queensville on Leslie westside about 5 houses north of queensville sideroad has an Argo in his driveway, 3 doors down from the Jessop home !!

Quote Originally Posted by moosemeat View Post
    One of my best and oldest friends lives in Queensville on Leslie westside about 5 houses north of queensville sideroad has an Argo in his driveway, 3 doors down from the Jessop home !!
    I'll have to check it out and look for an Argo. Poor Christine Jessop.
    Resident of "The Great White North" a.k.a. Canada