Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Is this the end of stapling your pig dog?

Quote Originally Posted by Russian 22. View Post
    What's the point of blowing air up there? The health and safety board at work has a page on the hazards of compressed air and how it can kill from embolism.
    It's an old practice that has been banned for a number of years, they would blow it in there with their mouths (not using a compressor or anything like that) and it would make the cow uncomfortable so she would stand still and not kick. Theres no need for it anyhow, our heifers are always calm as by the time they calve and used to the dairy shed and being touched etc
    Russian 22. likes this.
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

Ryan_Songhurst mate i'm not on here to take the piss but to appeal to your common sense as to every person has an opinion and a right to it and you are right you didn't say everybody but that depends on what context people take it I for one don't have an opinion on you and nor do I wish to and would wish for that to be returned I respect all the opinions I read on this forum and the same should be returned in kind to all forum users this forum post started out on cruelty to an animal and staples but almost ends in a swearing and name calling episode and then with me receiving slight sarcasm for trying to put my opinion forward if you can't respect the opinion of someone how can you expect respect in return so mate try to lighten up we all work hard and don't like wasting time with rubbish

Quote Originally Posted by Russian 22. View Post
    What's the point of blowing air up there? The health and safety board at work has a page on the hazards of compressed air and how it can kill from embolism.
    it wasn't warm air as any cockie knows it was cold water to get them to let down their milk
    Got-ya likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gsp follower View Post
    it wasn't warm air as any cockie knows it was cold water
    That must have been well before my time I've never heard of anyone doing that
    Micky Duck likes this.
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

Nothing wrong with staples if done correctly. Still get the hound to vets if it's a major.
    Pig hunting is just another form of hunting, everyone is into different sports and hobbies so who gives a fuck. So long as huntings done in the most ethical way possible the jobs right.
    tetawa, gsp follower and rigga like this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    Really dont get pig hunting (especially with holders) who would want to eat a dirty old pig that's probably been feeding on all manner of dead rank shit and then on top of that has been chased and in a scrap for the last moments of its life, seems to me that there is one glaringly obvious reason people do it and that's some kind of bloodlust. Every pig hunter I have met seems to consider it some kind of badge of honour all the scars on their dogs. Why not just run bailers if you really have to use dogs? Or better still just run a pointer and shoot the bloody thing without stirring it up and chasing it halfway across the country before killing it.
    I have never liked wild pork, have had it quite a few times (all dogged) and it literally makes me dry retch and I'm fairly certain that their diet and the fact they have died in extremely stressful circumstances has a lot to do with that
    Bit like letting heifers fend for themselves at calving aye? Watched one run past this year with two legs hanging out the back. Maybe focus your animal welfare urges a little closer to home. Plenty of dairy "farmers" out there torturing animals.

I'm no enthusiast for setting dogs on pigs, but it is a 10,000 year old activity like Dairy farming. We have a shed on this property from the 40s. Still has the girls names written on the wall. Bessy, Blondie, Buttercup etc etc. How times change.
    tetawa and Been Upto like this.

Christ theres some idiots on this forum.
    With Tussock and Stingray being two of them.

You know nothing.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tribrit View Post
    Christ theres some idiots on this forum.
    With Tussock and Stingray being two of them.

You know nothing.
    Ah but of course you do. Enlighten us, oh great sage of sweet fuck all.

Your thin on content.

And as Ryan likes to tell everyone, we move in the same circles, which is why I find his animal welfare sanctimony a bit rich.
    Been Upto likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    Bit like letting heifers fend for themselves at calving aye? Watched one run past this year with two legs hanging out the back. Maybe focus your animal welfare urges a little closer to home. Plenty of dairy "farmers" out there torturing animals.

I'm no enthusiast for setting dogs on pigs, but it is a 10,000 year old activity like Dairy farming. We have a shed on this property from the 40s. Still has the girls names written on the wall. Bessy, Blondie, Buttercup etc etc. How times change.
    Tussock, mate, I was beginning to think we had some kind of uneasy truce going on, so I'm gonna try hold my tongue, but if you had actually read anything you would probably understand that I do a whole FUCK LOAD of focussing my energy on animal welfare issues close to home. Now, about this heifer you saw, was that on my farm? Also were you expecting the calf to come out belly first or something?
    10! has 270 divisors

Nah Tussocks proven himself to be that thick he thinks calves get delivered by a fuckin Stork.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    Tussock, mate, I was beginning to think we had some kind of uneasy truce going on, so I'm gonna try hold my tongue, but if you had actually read anything you would probably understand that I do a whole FUCK LOAD of focussing my energy on animal welfare issues close to home. Now, about this heifer you saw, was that on my farm? Also were you expecting the calf to come out belly first or something?
    Perhaps near where you were visiting when you were here last, can't say for sure. I never turn own an olive branch, so lets have an uneasy truce. I don't expect it to come out belly first. I do expect it to come all the way out and go into a trailer, rather than run from the grazing block back to the farm 5ks, while calving, with two legs hanging out the back. I'm on corner everyone runs their stock past and I was sickened. Its just fucking lazy. It was not you, so I apologize. We should not lump dairy farmers or pig hunters in together.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tribrit View Post
    Nah Tussocks proven himself to be that thick he thinks calves get delivered by a fuckin Stork.
    You a dairy farmer. Do you run your stock long distances while calving?

Certainly takes very little to get you to spit poison, I'm sure your just lovely to your stock

Holy shit...bashes head against wall, just once then walks away muttering)

People sure get there knicks in a twist on the Internet.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tussock likes this.