Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Fallow Rut

No other Fallowin about this week??

i hit nother herd this past 24 hours and did not hear Boo, see a mob of Does with no male at all, two seperate does........ but the oddness is not hearing anything distant.

this is one area i have watched closely with outsider connections targetting bucks only for meat /antler watever for the past 5 years, clueing onto it before last year rut and noticing F/A age in them altho some potential, this year the dash has been done a bit harder perhaps with the miss out last year and those velvetys that were shot up over Christmas/ January Were the ones that are spose to be Grunting , i rekon.

Gone but not forgotten
    I hunted Monday and Tuesday, no croaking, scrapes are getting more use with several bucks using them, and more thrashed silver ferns than a couple of weeks ago.

I hunted Saturday, Monday and Thursday. Not a peep. Oh well onto the sika

Quote Originally Posted by Cigar View Post
    I hunted Monday and Tuesday, no croaking, scrapes are getting more use with several bucks using them, and more thrashed silver ferns than a couple of weeks ago.
    You fellas still awaiting a start ??

the two areas i talk of are about 50 km away from one another..... so shouldt be stuff all difference, but there always is!

Quote Originally Posted by Sika Seeker View Post
    I hunted Saturday, Monday and Thursday. Not a peep. Oh well onto the sika
    in aus we r getting some frosts in this coming week, which hasnt happened yet.

typical warm weather and a sporadic rut is the norm here, its had a start but hasnt fired right up i wouldnt of thought but when it warms up temp wise, they still rut but it doesnt seem to be as vocal sometimes, an nek minit ya get a good day and the next or so, they shut right off!

Going to head out into the bush this week , forecasts predict rain, brilliant! Anyone got tips on keeping the scope lens clear of rain drops? I’m worried that keeping a lens cap on will make me miss animals because of the extra movements needed to remove the cap, but a wet lens will make me miss animals as well. I remember missing a feral ram in the waianakarua because of wet lenses. Probably going to pick up some anti fog gel from repco or an optometrist and see how that goes.

MSL
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaChen View Post
    Going to head out into the bush this week , forecasts predict rain, brilliant! Anyone got tips on keeping the scope lens clear of rain drops? I’m worried that keeping a lens cap on will make me miss animals because of the extra movements needed to remove the cap, but a wet lens will make me miss animals as well. I remember missing a feral ram in the waianakarua because of wet lenses. Probably going to pick up some anti fog gel from repco or an optometrist and see how that goes.
    Open sights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MSL View Post
    Open sights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I haven’t tried that before, sounds kind of fun.

Going wedsnesday, rain forecast tomorrow so sure be good.

I made ‘hoods’ from bicycle inner tubes for my scope and taped them on with insulation tape, not a 100% cure but certainly helped.
    Downside was they seemed to cut down the amount of light getting through the scope.
    ‘Many of my bullets have died in vain’

Dont put anything not designed for optical equipment on your scope if you value your lens coatings
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.