Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree307Likes

Thread: Feral Cats

Quote Originally Posted by XR500 View Post
    Must remember that approach

Had the misfortune to find a cat inside my garage, where I had a lovely bit of veni hanging from the rafters. As I entered through the side door I saw it and slammed the door, and went off to get the 22, loaded with shorts.
    Bloody cat was a mind reader. It knew the deal. So when I came back it proceeded to to destroy the inside of the garage, gluing itself to all four walls through centrifugal action, and binning pots of taps and dies, drill bits, pots of paint fishing lines etc etc, throwing them off the shelves and onto the floor

A flounder net eventually slowed it up, followed by a bit of lead centre of mass.
    Little bastards. Took ages to get the garage back into shape, and clean off the cat piss and shite it ejected whilst circumnavigating the walls of my garage.
    I've never had time for cats. ever since my Gran's obese cat killed my pet bunny when I was 12 years old

Was doing some work on great barrier back in the early 2000’s and was a great story circulating round at the time. God I hope it was true… old mate has been on a cat trapping contract for a few weeks Being a bit feral at the best of times that long out of human contact lowered his inhibitions a touch further and he decided a bit a tayloring would be a good way to while the evenings away. Fast forward another few weeks and the end of his contract he dons the efforts of his sewing and decides to head straight to the pub to show off the fruits of his labours. He steps out of the bush into the middle of what passed for town right into the middle of a camera wielding bus load of tourists. His full multicolour feral cat tuxedo complete with a different type of ‘tails’ and cat head epaulettes along with the reek of somewhat dried but still fresh cat was apparently quite the topic of conversation for the Japanese tourists for the remainder of the tour and one imagines lead to all sorts of legends about the ‘bush men of barrier’.
    rugerman and FatLabrador like this.

I saw a parent and some young 1/2 grown kittens up Kiko rd yesterday arvo, this morning I took up a couple of Doc 250 traps. Will see what eventuates. Lots of young pheasants at the moment
    time out, Micky Duck and Ned like this.