Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree39Likes
  • 24 Post By Boaraxa
  • 1 Post By Husky1600
  • 1 Post By veitnamcam
  • 1 Post By Shootm
  • 1 Post By JoshC
  • 1 Post By Rangidan
  • 2 Post By Gibo
  • 1 Post By Mooseman
  • 1 Post By jakewire
  • 1 Post By Tahr
  • 1 Post By Sparrow

Thread: Fishing 2018

Fishing 2018

Im still here team I survived i say that with a slight grimace...girls can be hard work at times , don't no about anyone else but mine are nuts especially the midget unfortunately for me she has my poor attitude so you never no what,s in store on these adventurous trips ....but anyway !!! the eve of fishing season was apon us , yes dirty brown spring water every whichway but luckily I had a wee mountain stream in mind that comes up just as quick as it go,s down , so yesterday we packed and off we went headed for the hills the excited chatter going back n forward how many fish would we catch maybe we get lucky and shoot a deer the questions were flying thick and fast and before I got a "are we nearly there" ...we arrived , Its a mint spot and spring was in the valley , the kowhai trees were flowering , kereru sitting in the tree tops even a few hares playing on the track .
    We hastily set about setting up camp
    Name:  1186 (Copy).JPG
Views: 354
Size:  224.2 KB
    All the mod cons I don't usually use a fly as well but it was great having a little extra room , plus I got to use some fancy knots id just learnt .
    We cooked up a quick feed then headed off for a shot to a block I had teed up , now these girls look as girly as you get right down to the pink toe nails but I can tell you right now that's were it ends they love hunting and iv been really surprised how far little legs can walk and that's what we did with the wind right up our ass walked !! but I new once we got around a bend in the track we could be in with a show and just like that there were 2 deer feeding just on dark around 130m away quietly I laid down & got a good rest off my pac and got the girls to step out so they could see the deer , 1 facing directly away the other head down facing directly towards us initially I thought the one facing the wrong way was the animal I wanted but after about a minute noticed its ass was a little boney & just then the 1 facing us lifted its head a 2 year old hind so rested the x hairs on the crease 22-250 crack the deer lept forward walked 5 meters and fell over , the girls were so excited they took off for a look , squealing every time the deer gave a kick in its death throws , they don't get much handier
    Name:  1217 (Copy).JPG
Views: 356
Size:  279.9 KB
    So back at camp we hung the deer in a handy tree got the fire going cooked up a few chicken cordon bleu,s & bacon & beers .
    In the morning we woke to zero wind & the dawn chores was really nice , listening to all the different birds , after coffee & milo we baited hooks then wandered upstream a short distance to a nice pool I had previously seen some good fish in , tossed the lines in & waited a while but being what it was "small" fish spook really easy so we left the rods & went back I cooked up a feed , put another rod in down stream but after a couple of hours nothing so I wandered up to look at the rods & noticed the line was under the bank sure enough theres a nice fish on around 4Lb managed to land it & that was opening day 2018 , we tried other spots along the way but no luck , all had a good time ,
    Name:  1267 (Copy).JPG
Views: 354
Size:  113.7 KB
    Name:  1309 (Copy).JPG
Views: 360
Size:  141.6 KB
    iv found its nice to mark a day & make it stick each year its almost as good as another xmas
    Get into it Team , its day 1 of the school holidays if you don't have any kids of your own , take someone else,s out !
    Last edited by Boaraxa; 01-10-2018 at 10:44 PM.
    jakewire, Shootm, sako75 and 21 others like this.
    The Green party putting the CON in conservation since 2017

Well done Dad, great to see kids out having fun.
    Boaraxa likes this.

Gone but not forgotten Gapped axe's Avatar
    nice family time
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

Fantastic!
    Boaraxa likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

If your not fast your last Shootm's Avatar
    That’s awesome
    Boaraxa likes this.

I Have Sexdaily. I mean Dyslexia! Fcuk!

Wicked mate. I took a mates three boys (5, 9, & 10) out on sunday night. Saw a few stags and shot one. Boys were stoked.
    Boaraxa likes this.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

Good stuff,go the girls.
    Boaraxa likes this.

Legendary dad moves!! They will treasure those memories forever!
    veitnamcam and Boaraxa like this.

What an epic trip @Boaraxa the girls certainly look stoked, well Done.
    Boaraxa likes this.

Thanks Mm im hoping this is the start of a good school holidays , id like to go somewhere else for a hunt/fish camp combo Mavora is really nice not many animals though but the scenery is wicked .
    The Green party putting the CON in conservation since 2017

Caretaker - Gone But Not Forgotten jakewire's Avatar
    Damn good Boaraxa
    Boaraxa likes this.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Wonderful family fun. Your kids are beautiful. And lucky to have such a good Dad.
    Boaraxa likes this.

Great memories there, awesome ! Told my boy yesterday we had missed opening cos we are on holiday, he said he wants to go home ! Have promised a 2nd opening good times.
    Boaraxa likes this.