Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: The Future for Molesworth - DOC survey & actions.

And is Hunting not part of our heritage?
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

Quote Originally Posted by deer243 View Post
    Thats what im hearing. The whole point of the 1080 drops were to wipe out as many deer and pigs as possible. Hunting isnt seen as a encourging option, looking at doing more tourism options , be it if leased out or not but hunting isnt something they want to see increased.
    Iwi are going to have a say, theres money to be made in those hills
    Feels like a farkn stitch up for sure

It's easy to say that the purpose of the 1080 drops was to wipe out deer and pigs but i don't think there's a shred of evidence to suggest that it's true

Quote Originally Posted by Backcountry Bob View Post
    It's easy to say that the purpose of the 1080 drops was to wipe out deer and pigs but i don't think there's a shred of evidence to suggest that it's true
    Are you for real?
    chainsaw likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Banned
    we would be much better off with more well managed gold mines and oil wells than hoards of tourists.
    better return on investment,better standard of living for the locals, less pollution and less chance of being killed on our roads
    Tourism is just another bad deal for NZers.

Quote Originally Posted by widerange View Post
    we would be much better off with more well managed gold mines and oil wells than hoards of tourists.
    better return on investment,better standard of living for the locals, less pollution and less chance of being killed on our roads
    Tourism is just another bad deal for NZers.
    Nice one and very true. The Greens and DoC will dislike that common sense intensly
    chainsaw likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Are you for real?
    Yup. While it's satisfying to think of conspiracy theories I suspect the operation was almost certainly undertaken for possum control and the number of deer killed was a surprise to all involved

Quote Originally Posted by Backcountry Bob View Post
    Yup. While it's satisfying to think of conspiracy theories I suspect the operation was almost certainly undertaken for possum control and the number of deer killed was a surprise to all involved
    That's a load of bollocks. It's well known that the greens and their buddies don't want anything but natives scurrying around the land. Why would they 1080 just before the roar and do deer culls just before the roar all over Auckland?

Logic would indicate that the two main groups , DoC and OSPRI / AHB which have invested close to a BILLION DOLLARS of public money into poison use over the past FIFTY YEARS+ along with high numbers of Environmental Expert Scientists actually had the knowledge and expertise to not only accurately assess animal numbers ( possums rats deer pigs etc) in the area, along with the makeup of the plant communities, AND the long time accumulated knowledge of the effects of 1080 poison; that such a debacle of slaughter could only be the result of gross incompetence OR a deliberate act. I find it difficult to believe all those " EXPERTS" could be so incompetent and still retain their jobs; therefore there it is more likely the other .
    Why have we not yet seen a detailed report of the surveys?

​I think the drop was carried out in late October/early November from memory. I don't believe it was politically motivated.

'and do deer culls just before the roar all over Auckland?'

I don't understand this bit