Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: God Damn is NZ really this expensive???!!!!

About how much should one expect to spend on a chopper drop?

3 people and gear can get to most places and back for about $1600. Closer places are cheaper

Ford F-350 with 7.3 Liter Diesel, long bed crewcab with 12" lift with 40" tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    veitnamcam, Pengy, Gibo and 1 others like this.
    If you learn to laugh at yourself, you will never be left unamused.

Quote Originally Posted by summitdogracing View Post

Ford F-350 with 7.3 Liter Diesel, long bed crewcab with 12" lift with 40" tires.

Sweet.....ship that over I'll take you to my spot for free!!!!!!!!
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

If only we had the car parks for real utes like that

Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

It's a bit embarrassing really to think that a NZ company would rip off overseas visitors with hunts like this; but who do you blame? The opportunistic guide (outfitter) or the wearily overseas client would wishes to collect a head of un-natural proportions?
    It certainly is a great way to bring large amounts of cash into our country, but as we have all seen, the large amounts of cash have encouraged some pretty unethical behaviour... Greed cases pain, yet again.
    veitnamcam and 199p like this.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by craigc View Post
    It's a bit embarrassing really to think that a NZ company would rip off overseas visitors with hunts like this; but who do you blame? The opportunistic guide (outfitter) or the wearily overseas client would wishes to collect a head of un-natural proportions?
    It certainly is a great way to bring large amounts of cash into our country, but as we have all seen, the large amounts of cash have encouraged some pretty unethical behaviour... Greed cases pain, yet again.
    I bet there's a whole lot of ticket clipping along the way.
    H&K MAN and Nibblet like this.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

They wouldn't charge it if people weren't willing to pay for it. Simple as that.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

I guess its also one of those perceived values type of deals
    Some people who are mega rich wont go for the cheaper option even if its the exact same because they perceive it to be of more worth when you pay more.

I was browsing a listing for various outfitters in NZ. In part to get a gauge of the expense to hunt in NZ when I came across this listing. To say the least, I just got priced out of the fucking market! (Can you tell I am in shock?!).

I am greatly disappointed because I thought NZ would be less expensive and I was really looking forward to a hunting trip here in 2017 for the roar.

Scotty.

In answer to the question posed in your headline obviously the answer is yes, because that's what they advertise and that's what people pay for four 400 plus stags and four tahr.
    This is a 5+ star experience for a weekend jaunt in the hills for those who can drop into CHC or Queenstown in the Gulfstream V on their way back to Monaco or Geneva.
    Various outfitters can pick your party up in matching Ferarris or Range Rovers from the airport.
    Wives get the health spa treatment and helicopter picnic experience.
    At least the customer gets what they pay for. No one is getting short changed.
    Unlike some of the Kiwis that have been ripped off chasing a lifetime dream of an Ibex or Dahl Sheep hunt.
    We don't even see these people, they use private lounges, and have personalized Customs clearance.
    It's just dumb to assume that advertisement is reflective of the Kiwi hunting experience.
    It's a ridiculous assumption to make.
    I'd have to ask if in the time Mr dog racing has spent on the forum, has anybody posted their hunting experience similar to that advertised.? Short answer ..... No.

It's like me saying we can't afford to stay in London 'cause a night at the Ritz in $1600.00.
    There are other options obviously.

Al I know is the OP wants to hunt NZ during the roar 2017. Wilderness ?, NI?, SI?, Species?, and starts bleating cause he sees a $95k price tag. WTF?

B ( just a tad grumpy )
    JoshC, timattalon and Skatieguy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    I bet there's a whole lot of ticket clipping along the way.
    My mate grows trophy stags for a living and make nowhere the money the game parks are making. Everyone in the trophy industry is clipping the ticket. Some stags could change five different owners before being shot and that's five trucking operators five vet T.B tests the list goes on.
    And as for very rich paying top dollars to shoot our game park animals, some people have more money than time and some just can't or won't go that far to shoot or get that trophy. I know of at least 2 game parks that had over 300 350+sci stags shot last roar at $70k-$120k its a multi million dollar business.
    kiwijames likes this.

Scouser, welcome to the: "it may be small but . . .

at least it's skinny club".

You all should remember the saying " short & thick--- it does THE trick; long & thin it goes ALL the way in"

Just thought I'd toss my 2 cents worth in,eh???

NO offence intended.!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scouser View Post
    Sweet.....ship that over I'll take you to my spot for free!!!!!!!!
    SHIP THAT OVER & I'LL TAKE YOU TO MY FAVOURITE SPOT FOR FREE AND GIVE YOU FAT WAD OF CASH TO ENJOY YOUR HOLIDAY WITH!!!! IF YOU LEAVE THE WAGON BEHIND WHEN YOU LEAVE!!!!! HOW'S THAT FOR A DEAL YOU CAN'T REFUSE??????
    Scouser likes this.

Yes you're right. Like-- shooting animals directly from hovering helicopters, herding up animals ( tahr & chamoi) directly towards an over weight tourist planted on a convenient point etc,etc,etc.

Supposedly called " hunting"??????????

Ejected
    Complaining about the price of safari park stags is a bit like complaining about the cost of having a Hollywood trophy wife. I am never going to have either so not point thinking about it and if by some chance I won the lottery and got to give it a try I suspect the experience would be nowhere as good as it looked!
    veitnamcam and Low box like this.

Ejected
    Also if you want to see something really expensive then work out the NZ price for that F-350 + a tank of diesel a week for a year.

NZ - the scenery is great but everything expect for lamb chops and milk power is bloody expensive.
    veitnamcam likes this.