Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hakirmatas

Hakirmatas

Hey guys any one hunted the hakirimatas cheers in advanced

I used to hunt up there, haven’t for 4 or 5 years now, used to run my pig dogs and catch the odd pig.
    It’s a busy place now with a lot of walkers using the tracks, I think they’re maybe the odd goat lurking but not too sure.
    Depends where you were thinking?

Went there a while back. Hikers highway that day.

Oh yea assumed that was interested in pigs mainly but anything else would be bonus cheers

Given the amount of people using the stairs every day you would have to be insane hunting in there with a rifle, or dogs.

Recipe for disaster!

Quote Originally Posted by 3030hunter View Post
    Hey guys any one hunted the hakirimatas cheers in advanced
    man that names takes me back - 3 of us culled it for goats back in well must have been about 1978 ish goat culling - biggest problem was goats on the little life style blocks over on the river side - we were not able to get permission to shoot a lot of that - got a few pigs including a good 150 pound boar one wet morning - real crappy bush from memory

Quote Originally Posted by Barry the hunter View Post
    man that names takes me back - 3 of us culled it for goats back in well must have been about 1978 ish goat culling - biggest problem was goats on the little life style blocks over on the river side - we were not able to get permission to shoot a lot of that - got a few pigs including a good 150 pound boar one wet morning - real crappy bush from memory
    Were you the same guys that culled on pirongia as well as i was doing Possums at the time on Kopanui side of pirongia?

Quote Originally Posted by sikaduk View Post
    Were you the same guys that culled on pirongia as well as i was doing Possums at the time on Kopanui side of pirongia?
    yeah we went from Hakrimata to Pirongia - we were camped on the southern end on a farm - I did about 3 months there and went back to some decent bush in Te Urewera - shot a lot of goats on that southern farmland as a buffer zone - a lot of pigs there as I remember