Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Has anyone else ever considered Aussie camels?

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty Factory Trigger View Post
    have held this wish for a while now, to head to Oz, and help out the government and whack some camels...

Or am I missing something I need to know?
    They do do culling up there but the positions are generally limited for the gov and places are coveted. Might be a bit of rooting around with getting a non resident license for work shooting but couldn't imagine it being too bad. You'd be best to check out the govt websites for NT or maybe NSW or Queensland and go from there. Alternatively I'm sure a guide would do it cheap. NT is the place for camels, donkeys, horses, buff, banteng, pigs and crocs. Haven't been but it's on every Aussie hunters list!
    Cheers,
    Jack

Mis-read the title sorry
    Did you know that camels are ships of the desert - full of Arab seamen

Always liked the idea of a L1A1 until unloading a mag. fuck they have some kick
    Proved their worth in the Fauklands

Quite like the idea of mounting an MG on a train. be a great forum hunt weekend

When I was doing ANZAC parade at cadets I got to hold/ play with a styer, I like how it had open sights on the top of the scope, very neat idea.
    VIVA LA HOWA

P38
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
    Hey Barefoot, I miss mine. Rudy was his name. NZ8908778
    I dont miss mine.

Alls it was used for was cleaning, carrying, pulling apart and putting back together at the most inconvienent times and presenting to that evil bastard Corpral Nero 600 times a day.

I loved it that much that I didn't even name it.

I do believe that it was the only bastard rifle that started the day at around 14lbs and got heavier and heavier as the day went on.

P38
    I'd love to try some camel steaks.

I heard they were doing a controlled cull up near Alice and supplying the meat to restaurants in Victoria.

Looked for some when I was in Melbourne a couple of weeks ago but no one I tried had them on their menu.

Might be worth talking to Glenn from Muckadilla safaris(muckadilla@optusnet.com.au)He had a couple of fellas hunting camels a couple of weeks ago, you might be surprised at what calibre he recommends

Cheers Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    When I was doing ANZAC parade at cadets I got to hold/ play with a styer, I like how it had open sights on the top of the scope, very neat idea.
    They have little glow in the dark dots on them too, for night shooting (close range)
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

I worked on a station in western oz we didnt have camels we had donkeys great fun to shoot for dog tucker they were aggerssive tho if you got to close, made the dogs stink worse that horse meat tho!!!

Funny this has come up, I was chatting to a ozzy guy about this very thing on Sunday.

Id love to do a camel cull, and what got me was the calibre of choice for them is a ......... da da 708 !!! or 308

I was expecting 375 416 458 but no, even a 223 shooting 50gr NBT in the swede puts em down, surprised the shit out of me thats for sure.

He reckons they are not that tough at all, and getting on to mobs of 60 is great fun!!

RUNAS

I have recently returned from a Northern Territory cull hunt, was hoping to get onto some humpy horses but alas it did not happen. Instead I bowled over 79 horses, donkeys, pigs, wild dogs and other critters. All with a 30-06
    Going back next August to do it all again, this time with my own shooting sticks.
    Its going to be an annual event for me, a heap of fun.
    geezejonesy likes this.