Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Hunter found Dead in Wairarapa 07/04/2012

Yep it looks like it was another hunter , but still very common that victim and shooter are hunting together, which makes it even more crazy. I wonder if there has ever been a comparison with other countries, once population differences have been factored in.

http://www.mountainsafety.org.nz/ass...return_abs.pdf

Have not had chance to read it but this report could be of interest, released 2003 by Inspector Joe GREEN. He studied fatal shooting / hunting cases from mid 70's i think.

R93
    I just find it sad that this sort of thing, considering all the education still happens and due to human condition/judgement and will continue to do so.
    My condolances to the family of the young fella tragically lost. Very very sad and avoidable.
    Last edited by R93; 09-04-2012 at 03:36 PM.

What annoys me is that people dont apply the rules of never shooting at movement only; colour only; sound only; shape only; a target on the skyline. It actually amazes me that people dont follow those basic rules!!!

Quote Originally Posted by love2hunt View Post
    What annoys me is that people dont apply the rules of never shooting at movement only; colour only; sound only; shape only; a target on the skyline. It actually amazes me that people dont follow those basic rules!!!
    If you read up on these cases most often the shooter had identifyed shape, coulor, sound. Its the fact that the mind will see what its expecting to see(a deer) and these shooters usually had (they thought) IDd a deer.

The roar can be an exciting time.
    Its another reminder that no matter how amped you are you need to take 2 seconds to calm yourself down and make sure your target is not human .
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

My Dad's mate got shot not once but twice by the same idiot....and he was standing on a track smoking a cigarette. I'm fairly new to hunting so correct me if i'm wrong but wouldnt you think twice if you saw your next 10 pointer smoking a winfield????

Quote Originally Posted by Dead is better View Post
    My Dad's mate got shot not once but twice by the same idiot....and he was standing on a track smoking a cigarette. I'm fairly new to hunting so correct me if i'm wrong but wouldnt you think twice if you saw your next 10 pointer smoking a winfield????
    You would think so, my dads mate got shot by someone he was hunting with, he even said to his wife as he left I hope " " doesnt shoot me.

Why has the shooter not been found yet? or rather why has the gutless prick not put his hand up and said I fucked up I shot him.
    When he is found i hope he gets the book thrown at him.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Why has the shooter not been found yet? or rather why has the gutless prick not put his hand up and said I fucked up I shot him.
    When he is found i hope he gets the book thrown at him.
    I'd lay odds the other shooter wasn't supposed to be there in the 1st place. Perhaps part of the "I'll shoot where ever I like because no-one is going to bloody well tell me where I can and can't go" brigade ?

Rules, they're there for a reason.

This guessing, and the blind accusations, and the assumptions. You know nothing, so leave it alone.

Impure Lead Flinger
    Gutless prick.... Id say it will be a fair weight of guilt to carry round.... Better to lighten the load and own up..

Tahr because if he had owned up, he would've been sitting next to the body when it was retrieved. Normal people do that - take responsibility for their actions. Some wanker called Mears did the same thing - didn't want to follow the rules, simply do his own thing his way. Spot light at night ? Yeah, no problem.

Remember, this guy is dead.

Police have released a photo of the hunter shot in dense Wairarapa bush on the weekend, after receiving a ''limited'' response from other hunters in the area.

Alexander Cameron McDonald, 29, known as Cam, was shot on Saturday in an isolated area of Aorangi Forest Park, near Pirinoa in South Wairarapa.

McDonald was killed instantly by a shot to the head.

Detective Senior Sergeant Sean Hansen said police were still interested in hearing from hunters who were in the area over Easter weekend, and who may have seen or heard anything that could help with the investigation.

''To be honest, the response we've had so far has been pretty limited,'' he said.

Four Wellington hunters have already been questioned by police and it is understood investigators believe one of the men fired the shot that killed McDonald.

A 59-year-old man from Greytown who was hunting with McDonald came across his body about 2pm, and phoned police
    Nice deletion of your post Tahr too.

Normal people also leave the site immediately to get help. All I am saying is wait for the facts. They will likely disabuse some of your assumptions and accusations.
    I deplore what happened and it is inexcusable, and yes, he will have to live with it for the rest of his life.

Yes, I deleted telling you (and others) to shut the hell up with your wild guessing about a terrible tragedy. I rather regret I deleted it now.
    Last edited by crzyman; 12-04-2012 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Lets cool it down abit please

Agreed. Who knows where the next media 'discovery' is going to originate from - I'd say they troll through here looking for info too.

MEB
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead is better View Post
    Agreed. Who knows where the next media 'discovery' is going to originate from - I'd say they troll through here looking for info too.
    I don't think they troll through here - It's too hard to find.