Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Illegal Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Eion View Post
    Now that's not on, who would take 600 head. I'd be looking for another cocky not a hunter.
    Professional rustlers, horses, teams of dogs the works. They use the bush that borders his property to drove stock overland to the nearest yards at Te Karaka, would be a couple of days work. This isn't just local boy rustling up a killer for the whanau, these are organized thieves.

I don't get poaching though. A phone call and or a hot drink is all you really need to get onto pretty much any land you could want.
    Depends on how you define want. Toby nailed it. Pines between myself and Toby are strictly no go and theres more deer than pine cones in there

The last cocky in that article was on to it in saying it used to be worse when , anyone could sell game . I knew of guys that poached hard out and used to make a good living from it. Choppers are still the biggest poachers , but seem to get away with it .
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Safety is our biggest concern when it comes to poaching. Especially in our forestry blocks.

What pisses me off about people jumping fences into forestry blocks is the fact that not all of them are corporate owned. A lot are private blocks owned by Joe Blogs.

Some people's attitudes simply suck. We are clamping down on poaching on a much larger scale these days. The roar can be an exciting time for us for reasons other than hunting.
    moonhunt, Barefoot and Dougie like this.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

About time the Police got onto this in the Nelson area. Speaking from experience, most of the problem comes from vehicle owners with timber or Alloy things on the back.

It would be a different story if I drive into town and park the Hilux on someone’s front lawn and start walking around with a firearm aye!

How long would it take for the "boys in black" to turn-up?

Im not growing pot or hurting anyone. I just go hunting to put meat in the freezer. These pines are corporate owned and they can catch me if they can. I dont see the issue. I know that plenty will be just appauld at my behaviour, but it is what it is.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Wirehunt likes this.

For all it costs to get a hunting permit for Golden Downs Forests, is bugger all compared to what most of us have tied up in equipment. Hell I get a permit even though I only use it during the gamebird season.

See hereGolden Downs Hunting Permit Applications
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Now that's not on, who would take 600 head. I'd be looking for another cocky not a hunter. I don't get poaching though. A phone call and or a hot drink is all you really need to get onto pretty much any land you could want.
    Christ I dont no where you are door knocking mate but I dont think its as easy as 1 2 3 to get on land with anything worth shooting. Maybe shooting rabbits and possums that works.

And the punishment for the perpetrators was really stiff and stern, should stop any recurrence. No wonder the police don't care, the judge doesn't

Ejected
    Now that's not on, who would take 600 head. I'd be looking for another cocky not a hunter. I don't get poaching though. A phone call and or a hot drink is all you really need to get onto pretty much any land you could want.
    But that's not poaching is it? A chopper pilot and some others got done for that down here not too long ago. MacKenzie did it a few years back as well if I recall correctly........

you poach, then get caught,possible loose firearms licence, no more hunting, or if you do get locked up. easy to get doc land permit, hunt the deer, get good stag,makes u feel real good, and you know you have earned very part of that trophy, thats for sure.

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    For all it costs to get a hunting permit for Golden Downs Forests, is bugger all compared to what most of us have tied up in equipment. Hell I get a permit even though I only use it during the gamebird season.

See hereGolden Downs Hunting Permit Applications
    That is just fucked up right there. Paying for permits be fucked.
    Then I hear the other day that pig islanders are coming down and paying to shoot rabbits. Idiots.

Behaviour like this is what will fuck hunting in this country, if you want to pay then head over to pomeland or some such. My lot come out to get away from this type of behaviour. But I see our bubbernment and hunters themselves bring it here. It makes me sick.

Maybe if Doc stopped hammering the deer with 1080 there would not be a need for there people to poach private land????
    Speill likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wirehunt View Post
    pig islanders
    Wash ya fucking mouth out!!!

Yes.... wire hunt... There is no need for this sort of abuse to anyone here!

I'm going to sit in my happy corner now and rock and bump my head against the wall
    Dougie and ebf like this.
    Real guns start with the number 3 or bigger and make two holes, one in and one out