Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

Like Tree993Likes

Thread: Kaimanawa Forest Park

Hi all
    My enquiry to LINZ has been acknowledged and passed onto Crown Property to respond. Will pass on any news as received.
    Cheers Ruger7mm
    Shearer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger7mm View Post
    Hi all
    My enquiry to LINZ has been acknowledged and passed onto Crown Property to respond. Will pass on any news as received.
    Cheers Ruger7mm
    Is this where the Crown Property lease of that land parcel to the trust mysteriously emerges????
    Experience. What you get just after you needed it.

This was posted on a FB page

Sent from my CPH2145 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    Got anything constructive to say about the topic? Or do you just want to voice your prejudice.
    I was being constructive, and voicing my freedom of speech, Tahr. I deal in reality, not prejudice.

Freedom of speech doesnt extend to inflammatory, divisive dogwhistling. Some statements are more an action of aggression than of persuasion or information. They can be called out for what they are.
    There will be a variety of views among a forum like this but ethnic based ones will be a small minority.
    Trough snouting help yourself adventurism has been indulged in by all at times.
    A rules based legal system can be hard to fully comprehend (for me at least) but will give us a good result if pursued early and forcefully.
    Tahr, Ross Nolan and seahunter like this.

Dunno about that assumption : going back to certain firearms related enquiry. Transperancy should also be a requirement.
    Bagheera, tetawa and chainsaw like this.
    Summer grass
    Of stalwart warriors splendid dreams
    the aftermath.

Matsuo Basho.

Hi all
    have received a reply from LINZ who confirm they are not the controlling authority or that the parcel of land on which the formed road sits is not in crown ownership, and have suggested contacting the local council.

First reply, after which I asked if the land was owned by a SOE
    Further to my email below our Crown Property team have advised that the land is not LINZ land. To determine the actual ownership is by you having a status report completed by an Accredited Supplier. Please view the list of Accredited Suppliers on our website at https://www.linz.govt.nz/crown-prope...ited-suppliers

Thank you for your email.
    Second reply,

Unfortunately we are not able to confirm the ownership of the land. I note parcel 4574891 has a status of current and a parcel intent of "road". Roads are typically owned by local councils (except for State Highways, which typically owned by New Zealand Transport Agency), so you may wish to enquire directly with the local council to determine if they can confirm ownership.

Alternatively, you will need to contact an accredited supplier to conduct a status report, as per our prior response.

I think we now await the TDC response.
    Cheers Ruger7mm

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger7mm View Post
    Hi all
    have received a reply from LINZ who confirm they are not the controlling authority or that the parcel of land on which the formed road sits is not in crown ownership, and have suggested contacting the local council.

First reply, after which I asked if the land was owned by a SOE
    Further to my email below our Crown Property team have advised that the land is not LINZ land. To determine the actual ownership is by you having a status report completed by an Accredited Supplier. Please view the list of Accredited Suppliers on our website at https://www.linz.govt.nz/crown-prope...ited-suppliers

Thank you for your email.
    Second reply,

Unfortunately we are not able to confirm the ownership of the land. I note parcel 4574891 has a status of current and a parcel intent of "road". Roads are typically owned by local councils (except for State Highways, which typically owned by New Zealand Transport Agency), so you may wish to enquire directly with the local council to determine if they can confirm ownership.

Alternatively, you will need to contact an accredited supplier to conduct a status report, as per our prior response.

I think we now await the TDC response.
    Cheers Ruger7mm
    Yeah, I have been contacted by council, I posted their email earlier this page. Will share any further communication coming from them.
    BSA and Woody like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Dunno about that assumption : going back to certain firearms related enquiry. Transperancy should also be a requirement.
    And honesty, full and complete disclosure. Qualities very much lacking at present
    Woody likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzh View Post
    Yeah, I have been contacted by council, I posted their email earlier this page. Will share any further communication coming from them.
    Amazing. Do I read this correctly.
    TDC is saying it is clear that it is not theirs (probably because they don't receive any rates from it) but LINZ say it is a road and therefore is TDCs?

Yes, that is correct, but it isn't just that simple. We're hoping to get more clarification from a number of sources soon.
    Shearer likes this.

This has all the makings of every local and central Government agency having dropped the ball over the decades, as they have for a few other 'roads'.

What is clear is that is was taken by the Crown from the Tongariro National Park board and given to the (other) Crown NZED and formed into a road.

It can't magically then turn into Trust land without the relevant legal process occurring. If that legal process magically appears to have happened over the past year or so without Public notification, and whilst receiving more public largess (in the form of the Provincial Growth Fund) then I suggest we all know whats happened.

And to add to that, where do WAMS get their information? Apparently they don't believe it's a road either?

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzh View Post
    It’s council road reserve then

I wonder what Clements "road" is? -- and why it is maintained--; sarc.
    Summer grass
    Of stalwart warriors splendid dreams
    the aftermath.

Matsuo Basho.