Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

Like Tree993Likes

Thread: Kaimanawa Forest Park

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    Yeah, I have an alternative scenario, based on the thesis "never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." though I'm inclined to substitute ignorance for stupidity in this case. I'm not at all surprised that the Council reps at your meeting didn't know of this . I'd speculate that providing a submission in favour of something like this would not be something that crosses any of their desks, and if it did it would be supported particularly having regard for the party proposing it, and the current political climate.

Also expect the proposal provided to Council and the PGF wouldn't have noted that the public access would be closed.
    That is generous of you, but having met the guy I'm inclined to go with 2).

We sent a precis of the issue through, and I cannot believe that nobody did a search of the database with the words Rotoaira trust + Waipakihi road in it before meeting with us.

So if the people in that meeting did not have any clue, at least they must be able to point out who is/ the personal in charge of signing resource consents and stuff like that for the helisika development of their new venture.

I'll conclude this whole thread in just a few words.

You have sadly lost public access. Move on.
    Ranger 888 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusky View Post

Move on. Really. How about we all just bend over and take another one for the team of 5 million.
    Rusky and Steve123 like this.
    Experience. What you get just after you needed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusky View Post

If we all thought like that we would very quickly find what used to be owned by every single New Zealander was shut up/off limits and would cost you in transport and royalties and other 'fees' to enjoy.

Luckily most of don't lie down that easily

Quote Originally Posted by XR500 View Post
    If we all thought like that we would very quickly find what used to be owned by every single New Zealander was shut up/off limits and would cost you in transport and royalties and other 'fees' to enjoy.

Luckily most of don't lie down that easily
    Spoken like a true trooper
    ANTSMAN and sharps no 1 like this.

That was the exact response I was expecting.

Good to see some fight is still in some of you. Regardless, do you actually think challenging those responsible for making these decisions are going to "back pedal" and make any sensible changes?

The way I see it, it's a done deal.
    Ranger 888 likes this.

True, but the heli company relies on likely more rec hunters throughout the year than just the mountain biking trails they now offer from the Waipakihi Rd end. Hunting clients having second thoughts about their public access routes denied aside from flying in would probably make some statement on what's not right if they looked elsewhere? Look at Lakeland Helicopters and Air Charter Taupo - great service in the past and good competition but locked out by..... the big picture is like an election - you get what you vote for.
    300CALMAN and Mohawk .308 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunteast View Post
    Hence my earlier reply that the Mayor was full of bullsh.t. He must think that's okay to lie? And on the topic of the heli price from the Waipakihi Rd for hunters - 2k to the Waiapakihi Hut isn't cheap compared to flying from their Poronui base? Though no option for anything smaller than the Squirrel from the Waipakihi Rd end? This Govt is allowing past public access that once was to be locked out unless you pay $$$ - go figure. And according to media statements online because of 'flytipping' in the area? Really. Also comments from the mods on the Huts and Backcountry FB suggest we are being racist about the Urewera's hut removal and things will get better though Tuhoe are quoted they wish to remove 'Western influence' from the park? All such a pity really - the downhill slide.

Yeh; I had a look the other day and thought; has to be a mistake.
    $2,000 to the Waipakihi hut, and I think it was $1800 to the Thunderbolt pad. Seems very high, for a short hop. I haven’t had a look on a map, to compare with their other distances. But looks like a decent Koha is going elsewhere, which I suppose is to be expected. If it was my land I’d be wanting a cut of the action.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohawk .308 View Post
    You know where you can shove ya ‘move on’ mate
    Guys, don't shoot the messenger. Do some research, check for yourselves. DoC is doing "covert" deals over land swaps with various iwi around the country, that don't require public consultation. There is a push for the DoC estate to be handed to the first settlers of this country (Te Urewera was not the first example of this- I'm personally dealing with another example). They have a different attitude to us in how land should be managed. In the news today, I learnt that our courts now have the discretion to apply tikanga in ANY case they deal with, including the Peter Ellis creche case. Withdraw your heads from the sand, gentlemen. You are entitled to feel indignant, to say it's not right, but it is our future.
    Rusky likes this.

Google: "Govt. asked to hand entire conservation estate to Maori"- May 2021.

BSA
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger 888 View Post
    Google: "Govt. asked to hand entire conservation estate to Maori"- May 2021.
    As I have stated before the Stewardship Land Review is going to see big changes to NZ's Public Lands. Ownership/Access.

“ You are entitled to feel indignant, to say it's not right, but it is our future.”

This “future” only exists under the current political set up in Wellington where the red party are hostage to a certain faction in their caucus. Hopefully this ends in late 2023…. So best make sure you know which other parties are committed to ending the madness and changing laws accordingly
    tetawa, BSA, sharps no 1 and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by chainsaw View Post
    “ You are entitled to feel indignant, to say it's not right, but it is our future.”

This “future” only exists under the current political set up in Wellington where the red party are hostage to a certain faction in their caucus. Hopefully this ends in late 2023…. So best make sure you know which other parties are committed to ending the madness and changing laws accordingly
    Looks like it's time to start lobbying our Mp's to see whats up
    I didn't see any reference to imposing apartheid in labours electioneering. Or stealing water and sewage or. .....
    The Labour Maori Caucus are showing just how racist they really are.

This thread has turned to the usual un-constructive political and racial slurring. Hopeless.
    Rusky, Shamus_, RugerM77 and 1 others like this.
    Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing, and right-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.
    - Rumi