Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree126Likes

Thread: Kaweka/Kaimanawa helicopter operator recommendations

Huk
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunteast View Post
    What happened to Lakeland Heli??
    Think Spence is still flying mainly doing doc stuff,saw an episode of hunting with Howie and lakeland were flying them around

Yep they were pretty good...... at least one of their pilots didn't seem to recognise that they were in a service industry, and had customers, but on balance all good.

Ole GG....but reliable.
    Shearer likes this.

Too many dogs through the tail rotor made him grumpy.
    Experience. What you get just after you needed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirau View Post
    Fark helisika, nothing but problems with them. This roar after chris stopped flying we were forced to go with them. Some young prick pilot said we had to much gear and go put stuff back in the Ute , We had flown in the week before with Steve woods, same gear same machine no problems, I ended up re packing the 500 and shit loads of room to spare, fulla was gutted when I told him to take notes on how to pack properly,

I’d rather drive 2-3 more hours to the southern end if somebody else started up.
    Flew in with helesika this year, great service as to too much gear I have never seen so much crap being loaded by some folks talk about glamping.

Hence the gear gets weighed. Likely Jaffas that watch too many movies?
    GG in his good times Kaimanawa's.
    Name:  2018-02-24 (3) 0033.jpg
Views: 612
Size:  3.08 MB
    Shearer and Maxx like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    Flew in with helesika this year, great service as to too much gear I have never seen so much crap being loaded by some folks talk about glamping.
    Nah bro, 75kg under weight, pilots first day on the job I reckon, dumb prick didn’t even no where hardness saddle was FFS

mpf
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirau View Post
    Nah bro, 75kg under weight, pilots first day on the job I reckon, dumb prick didn’t even no where hardness saddle was FFS
    Neither does anyone else

lol - i like that - 'hardness saddle'...
    erniec, Shearer and Sika stag like this.

GG flew our party into Mangatainoka one October and there was 6" of snow on the ground. We had a great trip and bagged a few deer and had all the boned out venison in a rubbish bag which was inside a 20kg dog biscuit bag. It took two of us to get it to the helipad ready for the flight out, when GG turns up early to pick us up. The snow was gone and the heli pad was very wet and slushy, GG gets out and looks at the bag not knowing what was in it and thought that will fit nicely in the boot of the JR. He bent over grabbed the bag by both ends, gave an almighty heave and all that moved were his feet and he landed up flat on the ground in his white overalls rolling around in the mud, to say he was not happy is understating the frosty feel in the air by some considerable measure. I was expecting to be left behind, but no he loaded the machine and flew us back with no words, eye contact, not even a grunt. When we landed he tuned the machine off, and just walked away. I must say though, that dealing with some muppets would not help your sense of humour, and GG was an exceptional pilot of both fixed wing and then helicopters who knew the Kaimanawas and Kawekas like the back of his hand.
    rugerman and Mohawk .308 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pop Shot View Post
    Haha getting a bit of stick 🤣

I've got a flight booked into Tussock Hut later this year and when split three ways combined with the 10% off, works out pretty well.
    We are heading in there in December, can’t wait to go back it’s such a mint spot!