Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Last Saturday mornings Fallow, not your typical pic

Quote Originally Posted by 257weatherby View Post
    Literally took everything except the bones, the hide, the head and the gutbag, you have to with Fallow, the girls don't have a lot to them.
    You're right there. we got 16 kg of meat off the last one which was pretty good for a female I thought .
    born to hunt - forced to work

sneakywaza I got
    Quote Originally Posted by Trout View Post
    Local butcher???
    Not Fairlie local, I have a mate in town (Chch), am back and forth that bloody much at the mo that I just put it in a chillybin with a couple of ice bottles and cart it with me to drop it in to him. Normally just do the usual steaks, roasts, stews and stir fries ect, but the bloody freezers chocka. Reckons he's quite keen on doing some wallaby sausages, salamis and beer sticks, I just gave him a funny look..... yeah/nahh... maybe....

hmmm wallaby would possibly be VERY good for them beer sticks as is a dry,non fatty meat.... next time you hit a young wally,take a back leg and try a few steaks off it.....just make sure to hit it high up,not midships....its the midship hit ones that give them a bad name.....
    doinit, Trout and Finnwolf like this.

i have the same problem,big freezer fill.No more hunting for a while,winter anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by 257weatherby View Post
    Young Fallow does not known for being overly large.
    I got a Spiker a few weeks ago, about 60 kgs of meat off it! All started with a small head attached to a huge neck and carried on down. Paddled heaps of fat out when gutting.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough