Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Learn to hunt

Gidday there I cant even think/pronounce your username and im not scrolling up and down 20times to spell it
    Your in the right place
    What sort of hunting are you wanting to get into -interested in ?
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Gidday there I cant even think/pronounce your username and im not scrolling up and down 20times to spell it
    Your in the right place
    What sort of hunting are you wanting to get into -interested in ?
    Hi veitnamcam, LOL my user name is a bit of a tongue twister . I'm interested in any hunting to be honest, deer, pig, goat, anything that would put a feed on the table, for my family and strangers to be honest. My goal/dream is to give a decent feed away to people who need it.

I'm hoping I can learn those skills needed to achieve this and be able to pass it on. Also I'd like to scare my kids one day by introducing them to mud, trees and having to crap without sitting on a seat.

But seriously, any kind of hunting I'm keen on.

Thanks for taking the time to read and replying to my post veitnamcam!!!

Good stuff, I give a lot to family and mates who are having a hard time of it,(which seems to be all of us these days)
    I have offered a boot load of meat to a church in Nelson who provide cooked lunches every weekday to those who need them( and I bloody needed it for 6 months of my younger life) but was told they couldn't accept it as it was wild. Thought this only applied legally if being bought and sold.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

I know what you mean, concerning help with food. I was also in that situation of needing help. At our local church they do the same charity, but they also have to adhere to OSH (bizarre in my books). My wife and I want to surprise families at food banks and other such places, and give them as much as their fridge can hold.

It's disappointing when politics get in the way of good legitimate meat or any other kind of food source. I wonder if OSH allows caught fish or sea food to be given in a charity type enviroment???

In my world at least, meat is the most expensive produce to buy, it's so bad now a days, even having meat somewhat decent, (PAMS range) is a luxury.

Quote Originally Posted by kyubiisage View Post
    Thanks irgnz, any help is good help and I appreciate the time you took to read and reply to my post. Thanks bro.
    mate we have all been learner hunters and i have meet many hunters that are tight lipped about where and how to hunt lucky they are not like that on this site everyone here are great people willing to share. if you want a very good hunting book get HUNTING SMARTER BY HANS WILLEMS very good read. if you find yourself over rotorua way flick me a PM and we can head out for a pig or a deer.
    Twoshotkill likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mucko View Post
    mate we have all been learner hunters and i have meet many hunters that are tight lipped about where and how to hunt lucky they are not like that on this site everyone here are great people willing to share. if you want a very good hunting book get HUNTING SMARTER BY HANS WILLEMS very good read. if you find yourself over rotorua way flick me a PM and we can head out for a pig or a deer.
    mucko, thank you very much for your reply and help!!!...I'm on the hunt for that book (pun intended) and I'll absolutely take you up on your offer please!!!. I bought a Marlin xs7 package which I'm super stoked with. I had alot help from the boys at Hunting and Fishing with my kit selection (and I had a budget to keep too) AWESOME guys!!!, so I'm frothing to get my feet wet.

My wife is giving birth to our first child in the next two weeks sometime, so I've asked her if day trips are o.k and she said all good. Two weeks after birth I can go on night trips and any day trips. So at the moment only day trips are allowed.

And for the record, the next day trip your planning please let me know and I'll make the trip to Rotorua with ease. My wife and I will always try out best to make time for hunting as we both relies the significance of both meat, skills learned and peoples help freely given.

Again thanks bro for help and encouragement. And your crazy right about people being willing to help...Damm, the christian community as a whole can learn a lot from you guys!!!!