Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Long range kill damage

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Why would some one who doesn't like hunting go looking for pictures of holes in animals??? They are just there to cause shit, I guess the world would be boring without them.

Anyway I wont comment on the exit wounds or show any interest in the pics then, but I still want to see them posted.
    Toby, some non forum folk with alternate agendas will take opportunity to place spin on our enthusiasm for our hunting / sporting pursuit and then they will use it to cause negative reaction / ill will toward that which we enjoy. As Dougie has said above, carry on commenting. You are entitled to your viewpoint and this forum is richer for your contributions since joining. Our membership is quite diverse and I for one do not have a problem with the naivity and impetuosity of your youth. On an entirely different note if you are still in hospital then tell the nurses how great they are for me (i may need them some day).
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    On an entirely different note if you are still in hospital then tell the nurses how great they are for me (i may need them some day).
    Yeah im doing chemo as we speak, my last lot ,I head back home for 2 weeks after this. The good thing about plamy is the student nurses
    mucko likes this.
    VIVA LA HOWA

sturg4
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Oh I like that hole, did it die on the spot?
    Tussock I suggest you would be better off pointing out the flaws in this mans thinking above. Sort of a short explanation along the lines that accuracy is more important than how big the hole is would probably be more beneficial to this man.

Possibly you might find this job more rewarding too.

You are not going to convince me or a lot of other people that Toby's postings of plain gore on a public notice board is a good idea.

Do you really think PETA gives a shit about your opinions that such gore is required to learn how to shoot properly... PETA wants your guns so you cant hurt any other animals.

Keep such gore off the forums...A moderators job is to moderate.... Do It
    Last edited by Scribe; 11-10-2012 at 03:57 PM.

Re: Long range kill damage

What peta want our guns so the government can poison our wildlife? I think tobys comment is taken out of context. I like that hole to , i can tell from that hole that the animal most probably died on the spot frm massive blood pressure drop or if not i would not have lived for more than a few seconds with the blood loss that would have occured. If you put this much effort into exposing the evils of 1080 the worod would be a better place.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

VIVA LA HOWA

sturg4
    Quote Originally Posted by CreepingDeath View Post
    What peta want our guns so the government can poison our wildlife? I think tobys comment is taken out of context. I like that hole to , i can tell from that hole that the animal most probably died on the spot frm massive blood pressure drop or if not i would not have lived for more than a few seconds with the blood loss that would have occured. If you put this much effort into exposing the evils of 1080 the worod would be a better place.

Alright then I will play your game "creeping death" try your best to put Toby's comment in context for us all then.

I have seen many massive exit holes in animals that emptied the gut cavity and never hit a vital organ. We all have possibly. And spent an hour on our hands and knees tracking an animal gut shot with a 30,06 because some clown thought he only had to make a big hole in the middle of the animal to kill it.

Big holes are not very useful really???? Accurracy or bullet placement is what kills.

As for the battle against 1080...I have fought it since around 1971and I have been active in this battle at all times.

In 2011 I was part of a delegation from the Coromandel to appear before Parlimentary Select Committee. This Select Committee was formed to examine a petitition organised by Thames Landcare. The Petition called for an examination by this select committee into
    The Criminal Misuse Of The Toxin 1080 On The Coromandel.

Come to to think of it I didnt see any "Creepin Deaths" around any of the meetings of the various 1080 groups around the country over say the last 10 years even.

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scribe View Post
    Tussock I suggest you would be better off pointing out the flaws in this mans thinking above. Sort of a short explanation along the lines that accuracy is more important than how big the hole is would probably be more beneficial to this man.

Possibly you might find this job more rewarding too.

You are not going to convince me or a lot of other people that Toby's postings of plain gore on a public notice board is a good idea.

Do you really think PETA gives a shit about your opinions that such gore is required to learn how to shoot properly... PETA wants your guns so you cant hurt any other animals.

Keep such gore off the forums...A moderators job is to moderate.... Do It
    All down to interpretation
    Oh I like that hole, did it die on the spot?
    To me; the terminal performance is something he looks for in a projectile, as was asking if it was a bang flog.
    D.R.T. with the exit wound that you prefer based on prior kills = perfect projectile
    ie SST vs TSX @ 50yds - BIG difference. 1 will be 'gore and mutilation' where the other is 'I like that hole'

You are not going to convince me
    I think that is exactly the problem regardless of the discussion...

Do you really need to make a big fuss over my comment?
    VIVA LA HOWA

Here are some projectiles pulled out of things, I will take better photos when I go home but for now these should do. there is a shotgun pellet from a goose, 2 .22lr projectiles from turkeys, and a .44Magnum from my uncle, deer dropped on the spot from that shot about 15m away from memory, When he gave me them for my collection he had stroys with each one.

Name:  578592_546842155326376_747002556_n.jpg
Views: 531
Size:  41.6 KB
    VIVA LA HOWA

sturg4
    Quote Originally Posted by L.R View Post
    Fuck mate do you work for PETA or something?
    Actually Tussock I dont work for PETA perhaps you missed that point. It seems here that L.R wanted to bring them into this conversation as you can see here. Perhaps you guys might like to ask him/her some of these questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Scribe View Post
    Actually Tussock I dont work for PETA perhaps you missed that point. It seems here that L.R wanted to bring them into this conversation as you can see here. Perhaps you guys might like to ask him/her some of these questions.
    They way you are over reacting about nothing here is why some people would question if you work for peta.
    VIVA LA HOWA

Avast, i was there as my alter ego "killem all".

Spanners likes this.

Just going through my old photos, Here is a goat shot with a .50cal muzzle loader, I stalked it to about 10m then shot it in the chest, that is where the ball exited. The goat ran about 15m and just died in mid run. Was my first goat I shot with a muzzle loader, The billy I shot first at about 25m ran into some bushs and I couldnt find it which pissed me off, I stalked it for over a hour to get that close.

Name:  148879_546845745326017_2068138760_n.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  302.4 KB
    VIVA LA HOWA

150 sst 270 wsm . Shot high behind the shoulder blade on opposite side there were two exits around the same size. I think one was the jacket and the other the core.

Would that be good that it broke in half and made 2 exit holes, or would it be bad losing lead because you lose the weight? does the lead coming apart from the jacket make a difference in energy delivered?, sorry for asking heaps, also if you got a exit wound, would it mean that the projectile did not release all of it's energy into the animal?
    VIVA LA HOWA