Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Looking for Hunting Partner

Looking for Hunting Partner

Hello everyone,

Im down from Canada and have been living in Whangarei for the last few months. I unfortunately havent had the chance to do any hunting up North but now Im down on the South Island for a few weeks and would be keen to get out for a hunt. Im currently driving around fly fishing and hiking in the back country around Arthurs Pass but will be driving all around the island depending on weather and what Im doing.

If anyone on the South Island is going to be doing any hunts in the next few weeks and would like to hang out with some random Canadian dude shoot me an email!

Cheers

P.S. I come with beer and whisky
    WallyR, ZQLewis and rewa like this.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by crzycanuck View Post
    Hello everyone,

Im down from Canada and have been living in Whangarei for the last few months. I unfortunately havent had the chance to do any hunting up North but now Im down on the South Island for a few weeks and would be keen to get out for a hunt. Im currently driving around fly fishing and hiking in the back country around Arthurs Pass but will be driving all around the island depending on weather and what Im doing.

If anyone on the South Island is going to be doing any hunts in the next few weeks and would like to hang out with some random Canadian dude shoot me an email!

Cheers

P.S. I come with beer and whisky
    Expat Canuck here. However I consider myself a Kiwi now and proud to be one. Lived here 38 yrs. I am still a huge Hockey (Love it more than Rugby) and more importantly a Leaf fan and watch every game I can.

Send me a pm if you get a chance.
    I make a living in the outdoors and am pretty busy till mid winter. However happy to point you in the right direction or if I have time keen for a walk myself.
    I live and work mostly on the West Coast. Have good private land access for a handy deer or chamois.

If you have Canadian whiskey (Crown Royal, Alberta Rye being my favs) I may be able to overlook any faults you may have if you're not a Leafs fan.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    dogmatix, tetawa, Mooseman and 7 others like this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Bus driver
    QUOTE..”I am still a huge Hockey (Love it more than Rugby) and more importantly a Leaf fan and watch every game I can.

WELL MATE!!!......disagree on the rugby comment,but the Hockey,I love that shit...[I] have tickets to the Ducks and Kings on Sunday....go to as many live games that I can......not sure if many of us kiwis have been to live hockey games in the US/Canada,.....but the rivalries are as intense as any top footy match.....blue jackets/penguins last night was a beauty (as well as the mighty canes sorting the highlanders).......GO THE DUCKS..(my team)...how could you lose to the Canucks?????
    @R93..have you watched that commercial about the birth of a Canadian?....funniest shit I ve seen in a long time...
    It's not the mountain we conquer,but ourselves.....Sir Edmund Hillary

Bus driver
    Tikka7mm08 likes this.

R93
    Shutup!!! I am still sore from that loss.
    Still only 2 pts out of second in the league tho.
    How are the quacks doing?

We will get beaten by the bruins in the first round again this year. Next year we will go close. Year after that we will win it all. Team is too young still. No grit. All flashy skills.
    Still. Better than those Ducks.
    Thanks for posting the link to that ad.
    Never seen it before

Bus driver
    Ducks playing like shit....only reason I support them is Ive flown them on charters to four games,they give me free tickets,merchandise etc,but bloody fun to be around..26/33 win/loss....terrible...golden knights my B plan....

Glad you liked the ad...funny shit.We have the Winterhawks here in Portland,minor league boys,but bloody awesome to watch,[I] have season tickets,....great stuff from the young fellas.Have tickets to the Sabre/senators game on 26/3,as well as Ill be up that way on a trip......Only real sport I watch over here,Hockey fans are fucking nutcases,a lot of fun to be around.......always love the yank/canadien match ups...pure grudge matches...awesome stuff

Quote Originally Posted by A330driver View Post
    QUOTE..”I am still a huge Hockey (Love it more than Rugby) and more importantly a Leaf fan and watch every game I can.

WELL MATE!!!......disagree on the rugby comment,but the Hockey,I love that shit...[I] have tickets to the Ducks and Kings on Sunday....go to as many live games that I can......not sure if many of us kiwis have been to live hockey games in the US/Canada,.....but the rivalries are as intense as any top footy match.....blue jackets/penguins last night was a beauty (as well as the mighty canes sorting the highlanders).......GO THE DUCKS..(my team)...how could you lose to the Canucks?????
    @R93..have you watched that commercial about the birth of a Canadian?....funniest shit I ve seen in a long time...
    Name:  __fae89ac88424affc1687e50b522f0ad3_width-300.jpeg
Views: 545
Size:  17.2 KB
    A330driver likes this.

Bus driver
    @93.....when I get back Ill post a photo of my New Zealand Hockey Jersey I wear to all the games,had a shitload of hockey people wanting to buy it,The NZ ice hockey fed had a fundraiser years ago for funds,I put a bid in and was lucky enough to get one,prized possession let me tell you.

I wear it to all the games,people always ask me if its for real,do we in kiwi even know what ice hockey is etc.....good for beers and a chinwaggle......its amazing to see how canucks are in kiwi who run the ice hockey programme,.....bloody good stuff

NB....cant skate for shit,but then again not terrible either..

I got the first hockey goal (in the world) at year 2000. we dropped the puck midnight and since nz is ahead of everywhere else on time zones it was goal #1
    R93 and A330driver like this.

R93
    I used to be able to skate better than I could walk.... Some would say that's not hard after seeing me walk.

Haven't laced up a pair of skates since 1980. I still have them in the attic tho.
    Hockey will always be my No1 sport.
    Fastest team sport in the world and every bit as hard as any contact sport in the skill and grit requirements.
    It was all I knew for sport growing up there. If you took an interest in anything else, your sexuality was questioned.

Malc, if you ever meet Mike Babcock talk hunting with him and then drop him my email.
    He is a mad keen hunter. Would be awesome to pick his brains on a hunt in NZ or Canada.

Anyway the OP must be out and about.
    Hasn't followed up his post.
    Hope he is a hockey fan at least

William likes this.

MSL
    Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    I used to be able to skate better than I could walk.... Some would say that's not hard after seeing me walk.

Haven't laced up a pair of skates since 1980. I still have them in the attic tho.
    Hockey will always be my No1 sport.
    Fastest team sport in the world and every bit as hard as any contact sport in the skill and grit requirements.
    It was all I knew for sport growing up there. If you took an interest in anything else, your sexuality was questioned.

Malc, if you ever meet Mike Babcock talk hunting with him and then drop him my email.
    He is a mad keen hunter. Would be awesome to pick his brains on a hunt in NZ or Canada.

Anyway the OP must be out and about.
    Hasn't followed up his post.
    Hope he is a hockey fan at least

But can you cross check properly?
    R93 likes this.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by MSL View Post
    But can you cross check properly?
    I think I know what you're implying but no. I was a goalie for my last 5 years playing.
    Got good at poke checking, slashing and flopping around the crease tho

WallyR likes this.

MSL
    I can see you being good at flopping
    R93 likes this.

Bus driver

It gets me a few tinnier at the hockey games

@93...here’s she is mate...gets me a few tinnies at the hockey games....GO DUCKS!!!!
    Ive been known to tell a few shelias (under the influence)that I tried out for the team and just missed out..lol

Name:  5A016B47-C568-474D-B0B9-013092A99728.jpeg
Views: 458
Size:  3.83 MBName:  8F4E4B1E-F487-460E-9F66-5DDDF6A34845.jpeg
Views: 463
Size:  3.85 MB
    R93 and WallyR like this.

@A330driver
    Our daughter is a mad keen hockey fan (ice variety) and baseball.
    I think she was 'infected' while living in Boston for a few months, some years ago.
    She was a Red Sox fan, but I believe her allegiances have shifted elsewhere.
    She is a pretty avid Golden Knights fan, but watches any live feed NHL games in Perth, Western Australa.
    We stayed with her for a while recently - we're asleep and suddenly loud shouts erupt from the lounge.
    Her hockey buddies come over and watch as well.
    She plays baseball and ice hockey (not top level) and absolutely loves it.
    And injuries to prove.
    She just got approval from the ice hockey body in Perth to go to the next higher level - better skills/technical knowledge.
    At 43 years old and single, we're hoping she'll settle down - eventually, but unlikely as long as she can hit a baseball and run, catch and field - or body check and score goals, we don't think it'll happen soon.
    R93 and A330driver like this.