Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree195Likes

Thread: Make the Most of it when your Young

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    I can see a winch coming in very handy......with lots of thought and a bit of clever engineering you could sort the lifting bit using it.... first thought that comes to mind is a rack on back carrier that is hindged along the top rear of bike ....drop it down the back of bike,tie deer to it,put winch rope over it and winch it up...like a log splitters lifting leg...
    I used a tie down and ratcheted his arse up off the ground on one side so that I could get under him with my arms and heave him up.
    Trout, 308 and Micky Duck like this.
    Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing, and right-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.
    - Rumi

Greetings,
    Onto page 4 in 2 days. Must be a lot of oldsters on the forum. I think the really important thing to remember is to rejoice in what we still can do rather than mourning the things that we now can't. I have mentioned my struggles with mobility before but perhaps not the extent. It has been an ongoing struggle since my late teens with periods when I could barely walk. Now in remission my mid week Grandpa wanders in the bush are necessarily short but still greatly enjoyed regardless and will continue for a while yet. I rejoice that although doddery I am still upright and with a fair percentage of my marbles intact. Not all of my cohort are so lucky.
    Regards Grandpamac.
    Trout, Micky Duck, Swanny and 2 others like this.

My old saying that's ringing truer each year passing.
    My mind writes cheques my body can't cash!

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk
    zimmer, Micky Duck, flock and 1 others like this.
    My favorite sentences i like to hear are - I suppose so. and Send It!

Good on ya @Tahr , just keep adapting and shooting , I need to adapt a different style now as I can’t carry much weight , shooting red stags in the mountains and getting the head out is something regrettably I have to call quits on , however I am fit otherwise so chasing Chamois is a good option .

I hurt my back and neck again about 6 weeks back trying get get a wooden stake out of the ground , it broke and I fell over backwards on my ass , as simple as that .

No way do I want to give the hunting up though , just need to get smarter with what I have left to work with LOL….
    Tahr, Trout and Micky Duck like this.

I have a simple philosophy. I intend to die young as late as possible!
    Trout, Micky Duck and flock like this.