Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Molesworth roar

What's Molesworth like in the summer? I've been in there for fishing trips before I was a hunter, but I'll be down in the mainland over Christmas and will need to get away from/with relatives.

Had a crack anyway, gotta be in to win i guess.
    @Bucko I would say it will be pretty dry in there this summer. Has been closed before due to fire risk but not for a few years.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Bucko likes this.
    Its not what you get but what you give that makes a life !!

I put in an application for myself. See what happens

Quote Originally Posted by Younghunter123 View Post
    Yeah ballots are fair gives everyone the same chance then . How long do they usually take to let you know if you have a block ? Atleast with Canterbury there is plenty options of you miss out although it is busy that time of the year
    IIRC it was about 3 weeks last year to email and say I was unsuccessful. Maybe the successful applicants are told sooner ...??

Quote Originally Posted by 30.06king View Post
    IIRC it was about 3 weeks last year to email and say I was unsuccessful. Maybe the successful applicants are told sooner ...??
    Last year I heard I had missed out the same day.

The year before when I went in with Shearer I heard a month after close I had been lucky.

I don't think they have a system I think they make it up to suit themselves each year.

May last year I watched them doing the prefeed drops from the top of Mt Isobel while up there as a timekeeper for the Isobel challenge
    Happy Jack.

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing, and right-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.
    - Rumi

The bird is an Australasian Harrier and was tagged in August.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Tahr and veitnamcam like this.

I've asked to have my first post deleted that has a few key words that can put the spotlight on my mate. he wants to stay anonymous with no dots that can be joined. His call, which is fair enough.
    Tahr and veitnamcam like this.

Marlborough NZDA would be interested in those pics. They commissioned a study on the last big bi-kill.

Does 1080 kill Hawkes or could that be brodi?
    Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing, and right-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.
    - Rumi

Right lads, I have removed a bunch of posts related to TimC's original post, I've tried to leave the relevant information.
    Can I ask that you all please be mindful of what you post on here. There is enough mod work to be done around here without having to go through threads stripping out information that shouldn't have been posted whilst leaving enough information so the thread still makes sense.
    Thanks
    TimC likes this.
    #DANNYCENT

No joy for me jeepers you have to be quick !!

.......Thank you for your Molesworth ROAR hunting application. We were inundated with emails and have been processing and assigning blocks on a “first come, first served” basis. Even though your applications were received within the first five minutes unfortunately the blocks and time periods you selected were allocated before your place in the queue.

This year the first five blocks allocated in minutes were Yarra, Five Mile, Dillon, Half Moon and Chimney. The majority of blocks were allocated withīn the first 10 minutes of the application page going live.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Its not what you get but what you give that makes a life !!

Goodness. We applied for 4 blocks but haven't heard. Not holding much hope.
    - Rumi

No luck here either. Shit, I don't know if I could have been any quicker .....
    Email received from DOC

Kia ora,

Thank you for your Molesworth ROAR hunting application. We were inundated with emails and have been processing and assigning blocks on a “first come, first served” basis. Even though your application was received within the first ten minutes, unfortunately the blocks and time periods you selected were allocated before your place in the queue.

This year the first five blocks allocated in minutes were Yarra, Five Mile, Dillon, Half Moon and Chimney. The majority of blocks were allocated withīn the first 10 minutes of the application page going live.

All current applications have been processed resulting in all the blocks issued aside from two remaining in the Lizard for the 3rd and 5th period – email me if these are options you are interested in (again first in-first served).

We are aware our booking system is not infalable but we do our best to ensure it is as fair as possible. We will also be doing some monitoring this season in the Molesworth to ensure hunting parties are abiding by the rules of their permits.

Kind regards

Caroline Cornelius & Kirsten Booker

Community Rangers – South Marlborough

molesworthhunting@doc.govt.nz

Quote Originally Posted by 30.06king View Post
    No luck here either. Shit, I don't know if I could have been any quicker .....
    Email received from DOC

Kia ora,

Thank you for your Molesworth ROAR hunting application. We were inundated with emails and have been processing and assigning blocks on a “first come, first served” basis. Even though your application was received within the first ten minutes, unfortunately the blocks and time periods you selected were allocated before your place in the queue.

All current applications have been processed resulting in all the blocks issued aside from two remaining in the Lizard for the 3rd and 5th period – email me if these are options you are interested in (again first in-first served).

We are aware our booking system is not infalable but we do our best to ensure it is as fair as possible. We will also be doing some monitoring this season in the Molesworth to ensure hunting parties are abiding by the rules of their permits.

Kind regards

Caroline Cornelius & Kirsten Booker

Community Rangers – South Marlborough

molesworthhunting@doc.govt.nz

What might be the issues/concerns DoC have to provide cause for them to monitor hunters during the ballot period ... surely there are better things a resource poor organisation could be doing with its time ( like balloting the blocks) perhaps ?

Also got the unsuccessful email. Oh well worth a shot.