Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree120Likes

Thread: More Tahr culling coming up

Anti 1080 protesters have showed plenty of footage of some terrible inhumane effects created by 1080 such as pet dogs dying in agony, stock poisoned, deer wrything around on the ground after ingestion.
    Statistics of 50 % of monitored kea being wiped out by 1080 and knowledge that 1080 is endangering the population.

All this terrible evidence and portrayal yet either people dont care or they simply know we are powerless against the government.

It's the same with the Tahr. What would it take to stop what we all know is eradication and destruction of our recreation and hunting industry.
    How can Sage and Reddiex have all the power to destroy our Tahr herd and get away with their actions???

....so have we worked out the end game yet....??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AJS
    A bit out there! but I have an idea , Himalayan Tahr endangered in there native country , Please the greenys stop killing them letting them rot, old school live capture export the live animal back for re release . We can do it we have a net expert in Invercargill world renowned . Get the funds from all interested ,send them home . win win
    Moa Hunter likes this.

she might be more inclined to borrow Clarks Hawaiian sling and SPEAR the nanny...if she has indeed got belly full of arms n legs.
    Moa Hunter and Ftx325 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmwsm View Post
    Attachment 148732
    I'm seriously thinking about getting a t-shirt printed.
    Good or bad idea?
    Print two, I'll have one

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    257weatherby and Moa Hunter like this.
    Its not what you get but what you give that makes a life !!

Quote Originally Posted by tiroahunta View Post
    ....so have we worked out the end game yet....??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep. Eradicate all introduced species. Its becoming more obvious all the time. Think death by 1000 cuts.

Hit firearm owners on one front , and hit the game they hunt on another front.

No guns, and no game. Correct?
    Last edited by Allizdog; 10-09-2020 at 10:00 PM.
    Moa Hunter and Rees like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Allizdog View Post
    Yep. Eradicate all introduced species. Its becoming more obvious all the time. Think death by 1000 cuts.

im feeling this ^

So just received the latest update from DoC on the Tahr control operations....must admit its a little hard to precisely determine quite how much control they propose..........the latest missive closed with:

Other control:

As well as the 77 hours discussed with the Game Animal Council, we will undertake a further 55 hours in the national parks’ management unit.

We’re also concerned about the geographical spread of Tahr, which is why we are targeting the northern and southern points of the feral range. This will be complimented by 145 hours of planned control in the exclusion zones and outside the feral range.

My basic arithmetic suggests there is 277 hours of control to come....? Doesn't sound right?
    Moa Hunter likes this.

beat me to it maxx I got same numbers...WTF is going on here??????

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Allizdog View Post

Yes,this!!
    This is what predator free NZ is supposed to look like.
    This is what jonkey signed us up for
    Last edited by widerange; 14-09-2020 at 05:01 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    So just received the latest update from DoC on the Tahr control operations....must admit its a little hard to precisely determine quite how much control they propose..........the latest missive closed with:

Other control:

As well as the 77 hours discussed with the Game Animal Council, we will undertake a further 55 hours in the national parks’ management unit.

We’re also concerned about the geographical spread of Tahr, which is why we are targeting the northern and southern points of the feral range. This will be complimented by 145 hours of planned control in the exclusion zones and outside the feral range.

My basic arithmetic suggests there is 277 hours of control to come....? Doesn't sound right?
    More math seems to also suggest that if Tahr are eliminated from Nat parks then effectively the feral range is shrunk ???

Is it a coincidence that the half arsed slowdown of slaughter is just pre election?
    Summer grass
    Of stalwart warriors splendid dreams
    the aftermath.

Matsuo Basho.

And ultimately; here we had NZ Dept of "Conservation" found guilty in court of breaching the laws of DEMOCRATIC CONSULTATION and DUE PROCESS. Ultimately the Prime Minister should be accountable since her Minister of Conservation, Sage, is directly responsible to her. Sage should have been sacked and the PM Ardern should have been thrown out of office IN MY OPINION.
    This not the first time this sort of thing has occurred. Where is accountability for those in Public Office. The citizenery has had to pay the PM and her Minister AND the Dept of Conservations salaries and court costs AS WELL AS putting up the money to chalkenge their ILLEGAL ACTIONS in a court of law. I am outraged by this.
    stingray, chainsaw, 57jl and 1 others like this.
    Summer grass
    Of stalwart warriors splendid dreams
    the aftermath.

Matsuo Basho.

A well-shot video with a voiceover that sounds like Attenborough saying - "..now the exhausted Tahr has run out of options and can only stand as the DOC cullers shoot her; they mistake the shot and she screams, another two shots are needed before she is finally dead. They leave her kid to die of exposure.."

Supply the footage and I'll write the script, done deal

I saw a T shirt on fb that read “sage is for stuffing chickens not Tahr “ I thought it was quite funny
    The Green party putting the CON in conservation since 2017