Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree325Likes

Thread: National creates a Hunting and Fishing portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by HG Man View Post
    Are you talking about the Register? You've mentioned legislation, what legislation?

What privacy and threat to ones home? I really don't know what you are talking about?
    Ease off eh youre beginning to come across as a bit of a knowall and honestly sound like youre vaccinated with a gramophone needle.
    Woody and Danger Mouse like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kotuku View Post
    Ease off eh youre beginning to come across as a bit of a knowall and honestly sound like youre vaccinated with a gramophone needle.
    Fair enough, was just interested in what he was talking about. Didn't mean to come off like that.

Do yr homework.
    HG Man likes this.
    Summer grass
    Of stalwart warriors splendid dreams
    the aftermath.

Matsuo Basho.

Getting back to the original point I see Nat's move as cynical pandering when they see that there might be a vote in it

I'll be sticking with ACT, thanks

And also this is what it will take for any/either govt to change their policies in our favour - votes, pure and simple
    We can do submissions, oia requests, rude letters to ministers all we want but it is people on the street and votes in the box that really get action

Now on a completely different topic, does HG Man have an HG? If so may we see pics?
    My mates always tooled around in HQs and HX s in the day but I always like the looks of the HG
    kotuku likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 308 View Post
    Getting back to the original point I see Nat's move as cynical pandering when they see that there might be a vote in it

And also this is what it will take for any/either govt to change their policies in our favour - votes, pure and simple
    We can do submissions, oia requests, rude letters to ministers all we want but it is people on the street and votes in the box that really get action

Now on a completely different topic, does HG Man have an HG? If so may we see pics?
    My mates always tooled around in HQs and HX s in the day but I always like the looks of the HG
    I view anything done by politicians as pandering. Can't say any of them have my vote yet, I didn't like how ACT rolled over and showed their belly in regards to the vaccine mandates.

The HG is in regards to a song, biscuit if you can guess which one.

Quote Originally Posted by HG Man View Post
    I view anything done by politicians as pandering. Can't say any of them have my vote yet, I didn't like how ACT rolled over and showed their belly in regards to the vaccine mandates.

The HG is in regards to a song, biscuit if you can guess which one.
    Hurdy Gurdy Man / Donovan ??
    HILLBILLYHUNTERS likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 30.06king View Post
    Hurdy Gurdy Man / Donovan ??
    Bingo. You win a gingernut.

Ew

Quote Originally Posted by 308 View Post

Yip, I reckon nation has finally woken up to the fact that supporting the legislation (ineffective legislation) cost them votes, just as they were told it would.

And holly, the legislation has done nothing beneficial, just like all those submissions said

It has been stated many times in the past there is or about 250,000 fluctuating firearm owners in this country...most people will accept those figures ?

The Rotorua Daily Post has stated 250,000 people actively hunt.

We all know people hunt various subject species.

So what are the actual number of people who hunt.....big game....small game....and game bird hunting in New Zealand .

Take the overlapping duck-deer hunting equation out of the maths. He / she is one or the other?

What are the actual correct current figures ?

Gone but not forgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by video hunter View Post
    It has been stated many times in the past there is or about 250,000 fluctuating firearm owners in this country...most people will accept those figures ?

The Rotorua Daily Post has stated 250,000 people actively hunt.

We all know people hunt various subject species.

So what are the actual number of people who hunt.....big game....small game....and game bird hunting in New Zealand .

Take the overlapping duck-deer hunting equation out of the maths. He / she is one or the other?

What are the actual correct current figures ?
    I saw the same number quoted somewhere recently (might have been a Sporting Shooters media release?). I reckon nobody actually knows and they have just used the number of licence holders. But it might not be too far off - obviously not everyone with a FAL hunts, but there are a lot of people who hunt without a FAL (e.g supervised kids/partners/mates).

Im aware of a case where a former work colleague approached me about securing some of his grandfathers weapons after he passed on and a piss useless cousin let them rust .as a matter of protocol I advised him to contact nz police to get t heir input...whoooa he d been dead 18months and no one had bothered to check/tell them.

In any event it was straightforward -ex RNZA Fbird was the vettor -once she saw I was TF army and my setup -no sweat. There appears to be a total reliance on statisics -politics -lies lies and statistics. Academia write you theorem them nitpick stats &literature to support it .gullible general public willtake you ay your word.
    Given the attention focused on us LAFO and the police paranoia any criminal with half a brain would make bloody sure the weapon was brought in used then given the heave ho as far as possible away before the bovine excreta hits the circling blades .given the cheapness of 3d printers and the sometimes dubious morality of those inhabiting the computer world and our conspiracy theorists, what not to say a quick printing job for quick bucks -use dissolve weapon etc.
    media of course sensationalist pricks they are will publish any photo to garner attention under banner high powered MSSA weapons -reality is often a slug gun or broken down DIY job ,more dangerous to user than the recipient. also how many kiwis have done the big OE or are doing it yet still hold an FAL-NZPHQ would have no idea.
    Finnwolf likes this.

Unfortunately behind the Herald paywall.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/convic...LKX3UWHXNYHS4/

But the guts of the story, one Kishor Chandra; a Hells Angels member has bought through “straw men” $47k worth of firearms in 2 months! Late in 2022. Going in front of the courts now.
    21 x Alfa carbines from the Napier Gun City store. The strawmen got $500 for each gun. 3 guys did the purchasing for Chandra.

In my view legislation needs to give police the power to charge gun city. They have 3 fuckwits buying 21 guns between them over a short period of time. Let’s assume 7 each.
    What could they possibly be doing but on-selling a firearm, known for its simplicity in converting to a pistol..
    Safe to assume GC make 100% margin at least. They are in the legal trade of supplying firearms to the criminal fraternity.. and making very good money from it.

Time to wake up deniers. This is one guy in one town. 21 guns into crims hands.
    Micky Duck likes this.

said it before..should be shot with a ball of his own shit.....
    75/15/10 black powder matters

How the fuck would someone purchasing seven identical guns not raise suspicion?
    Other weird thing is aren't Police supposed to approve which firearms get import approval? How the fuck did something like those Alpha carbines get approved?