Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree323Likes

Thread: nearly old members

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    in the words of Meatloaf "I bet you say that to all the boys"
    Only those who care to stand around...
    Micky Duck likes this.

50 now, had one knee op and two back ops. Knee from work, back carrying a pig out. Broken finger from hunting as well that plays up now and again.
    Hip goes out all the time but more miles you do the better it is until the next day lol. Secret is just keep moving or you seize up. Nothing a beer wont fix, or whiskey
    Eyes going downhill, must be as missed a couple of deer this year. Hearing ok but not 100pc. Still, not bad considering, still do 8 hour plus days on the hill sometimes.
    Still lifting heavy shit at work, still can cast a rod.
    Yip, nearly getting old, can feel things slowing down but no plans for retiring from chasing animals just yet.
    Shit, been pighunting recently chasing boars....thats another story i will post soon after i shoot the next deer, hopefully this weekend
    Micky Duck likes this.

E Bike has got me back into the bush, which I’m really enjoying, not to mention the challenges of staying upright at speed on the tracks! Best thing we have done, go biking with the grandkids!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    E Bike has got me back into the bush, which I’m really enjoying, not to mention the challenges of staying upright at speed on the tracks! Best thing we have done, go biking with the grandkids!
    Are you using the ebike for hunting? Which one do you have? Range? Load carrying capacity?
    bumblefoot likes this.

northdude
    What camo lycra do you wear

Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    Bahaaa, speedos mate, speedos..

Quote Originally Posted by hamsav View Post
    I hope you mean standing upright.....otherwise Not sure Id want to bump into you ....anywhere . :-))))
    When you get as old and broken as me you have to have a decent sense of humor otherwise you may as well quit. As it happens, the humor I most appreciate comes from a gaggle of grandkids under age 14.
    Micky Duck likes this.

northdude
    If we cant laugh at ourselves who can you laugh at..
    Micky Duck likes this.

Only consider being old is when the supply of people older than oneself runs out.
    trooper90 likes this.

Same as you, Savos, but mine have a crutch in them!
    Micky Duck likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Jhon View Post
    Are you using the ebike for hunting? Which one do you have? Range? Load carrying capacity?
    Got a Giant Reign 3 enduro. 35 km caning it and over 50 on an easy ride. Haven’t used it for hunting, but will do once retired. I don’t think I’ll be carrying a deer on my back and riding an E bike at my age!!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

northdude
    Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Same as you, Savos, but mine have a crutch in them!
    Doesnt leave much to sniff
    Maca49 likes this.

Almost in this mob at 44. Reading @hamsav s life story really makes one feel pretty grateful of the 'safe' life I have had so far. Just had minor knee surgery 6 weeks ago for a meniscus tear back in November, was just moving my wheelie bin across the driveway and twisted the wrong way, talk about piss me off. 7 months now without going for a hunt Overall though I'm pretty lucky that at 6'1" and 80kg although never been overly strong I keep a reasonable level of fitness between walking the dog and riding the mountain bike and can't put on weight if I try. Looking at older fit hunters like @tararuahunter inspires me to stay fit for the future.
    hamsav and Micky Duck like this.

Doesnt leave much to sniff
    I thought the dog gave you a good living?
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

My turn,
    I am 59, going to be 60 later this year. Grew up hunting and shooting, first job out of school I was a rabbitter ( like a few on here). Life jogs on and then at 51, bit of a hurdle.
    Arrested Miocardial Infarction.
    Thats code for heart attack that was stopped. before the owner was.
    Triple bypass ( on my wedding anniversary ) followed and about 18 months to get back together. So I gave the Mrs the best anniversary ever.... me ..... alive!

No denying, its really fucked me, but by taking good care of whats left I'll get there! @Maca49 when someone put the post about wearing the saw blade if someone slips I nearly dug out the photo of my zip.
    Oh and have a good day at work tommorow mate,
    Maca49, hamsav, Micky Duck and 1 others like this.