Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree119Likes

Thread: Nelson Lakes getting the Green rain over 33000ha in July...better get into it.

Quote Originally Posted by wayno View Post
    I f they would open up access to areas of Marlborough they control instead of making hard then we the hunters might be out there keeping the numbers down so they didnt have to dump that shit all over the place .
    It's not the deer they are dropping it for. They are just an unfortunate by-kill.
    Experience. What you get just after you needed it.

The size and lethality of the 1080 poisoned baits are way more than is required to kill a rat or mouse.
    Summer grass
    Of stalwart warriors splendid dreams
    the aftermath.

Matsuo Basho.

Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    It's not the deer they are dropping it for. They are just an unfortunate by-kill.
    The fog may be thick but in time you will see through it
    deer243, Cordite and Gkp like this.

@veitnamcam gave me the heads up about this a few days ago so i popped into the doc office and got the info about it.

Here is a picture of the map.

Says it will be happening between July 1st & August 31st.

BUGGER !!!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    veitnamcam and Ingrid 51 like this.
    Its not what you get but what you give that makes a life !!

Quote Originally Posted by kukuwai View Post
    @veitnamcam gave me the heads up about this a few days ago so i popped into the doc office and got the info about it.

Here is a picture of the map.

Says it will be happening between July 1st & August 31st.

BUGGER !!!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    That will be the end of any kea and 90 percent of the deer.
    deer243, kukuwai and takbok like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Let me try to get my head around this subject, I'll weigh in for the first time your DOC drops green poison pelts all over your lands and streams to kill predators and protect the endangered birds, everything that eats these pellets dies probably an excruciating death including the fragile bird life they are supposed to be protecting from eating the poisoned animals, how LAZY ASS an operation is that leaving 100's of dead animals to rot in the forest and not have the decency to recover them, we have 1080 predator control for wolf and coyote out west but its done thru canine bait stations as to only kill targeted animals, something stinks about NZ's operation sounds like the poison manufactures, DOC and elected officals are having a circle jerk!!

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by moosemeat View Post
    Let me try to get my head around this subject, I'll weigh in for the first time your DOC drops green poison pelts all over your lands and streams to kill predators and protect the endangered birds, everything that eats these pellets dies probably an excruciating death including the fragile bird life they are supposed to be protecting from eating the poisoned animals, how LAZY ASS an operation is that leaving 100's of dead animals to rot in the forest and not have the decency to recover them, we have 1080 predator control for wolf and coyote out west but its done thru canine bait stations as to only kill targeted animals, something stinks about NZ's operation sounds like the poison manufactures, DOC and elected officals are having a circle jerk!!
    Welcome to our nightmare. The small clean green nation of New Zealand is the largest global consumer of 1080. The bastards are poisoning our paradise. In January this year I found a residual pellet still mostly intact less than a metre from the edge of a stream in quite dense native forest so not only is this hideously cruel poison killing non target species birds and animals indiscriminately, it is also getting into our water ways and impacting aquatic life like our fresh water crayfish.
    tetawa, Woody, MB and 3 others like this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Bloody hell that's a large area to dump. Don't think they have done such a large area before in the Nelson Lakes. Bloody shame.
    veitnamcam likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 300wsm for life View Post
    It's weird that there is no mention of the planned drops on the DoC website.
    Not really. I know for certain the least infor DOC can put out about such drops is what they do so theres little time for anyone to ,make any noise about it.
    Im not normally a big fan of some of theses anti 1080 pages you see on facebook as some are extreme with there facts but Carol Sawyer page is worth getting updates on
    as its always posting the most updated infor on the next drop, the maps, where, when etc which you wont find on any DOC website until its too late.

Yes, i have heard in a year or two the rest of the lakes will be getting the posion rain also in the winter where people numbers are at its lowest.
    The Lakes will never be the same again.

No they will not.

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Welcome to our nightmare. The small clean green nation of New Zealand is the largest global consumer of 1080. The bastards are poisoning our paradise. In January this year I found a residual pellet still mostly intact less than a metre from the edge of a stream in quite dense native forest so not only is this hideously cruel poison killing non target species birds and animals indiscriminately, it is also getting into our water ways and impacting aquatic life like our fresh water crayfish.
    Do you have a link to show that 1080 is impacting koura please ?

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by sore head stoat View Post
    Do you have a link to show that 1080 is impacting koura please ?
    The below is an excerpt from 1080facts.co.nz. Like most fish species Koura do not die from eating 1080 pellets or animals that have died from 1080 however the 1080 is absorbed into their bodies. The impact to me is the down stream human consumption of eels, koura etc as I grew up eating these and I am sure that many Kiwis still do.

In the NIWA study on koura, it showed that they did eat some 1080 bait. If they ate bait soon after it was dropped into the water, there would be traces of 1080 in their gut and tail muscles, though this had no visible adverse effects on them
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    The below is an excerpt from 1080facts.co.nz. Like most fish species Koura do not die from eating 1080 pellets or animals that have died from 1080 however the 1080 is absorbed into their bodies. The impact to me is the down stream human consumption of eels, koura etc as I grew up eating these and I am sure that many Kiwis still do.

In the NIWA study on koura, it showed that they did eat some 1080 bait. If they ate bait soon after it was dropped into the water, there would be traces of 1080 in their gut and tail muscles, though this had no visible adverse effects on them

1080 and Fish

Point number3 it specifically said " koura did not absorb 1080 from the water"

Quote Originally Posted by Huntfisheat View Post
    And the helicopter operators. Avgas suppliers too. Ground surveyors get paid also, that's if you believe that the reported surveys actually do get done. Or if they way they are done is appropriate. Or actually based on valid, peer reviewed science.
    Have you ever rung up and asked for tracking tunnel results ?

It’s a fuckin nightmare , can’t confirm it but I heard they had been allocated $1,1 billion to do the so called pest control which included 1080 and the Thar cull .