Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Ngamoko hut walking time?

Access up mid po has now changed hands and even those who still had access once it closed to the public are not sure if we can get in that way again. I wouldnt go that way to ngamoko anyway I don’t think. I would go over shorts track. We walked out from ngamoko via shorts track a few years ago after a week in there roar hunting. Our packs were bloody heavy with meat and it was a white out with gale winds on the tops so we battled a little bit but took around 7 hours to get out if I remember right.

I walked in and out of there with a girlfriend the weekend before the cyclone went through, via shorts track. It took us 7 1/2 hours in horrendous conditions, so you could do it faster. Just be aware that the route is getting pretty overgrown with leatherwood, so wear something to protect the legs. I didn’t, and paid the price.
    stagstalker likes this.