Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: The NZ balloting system?

Quote Originally Posted by stug View Post
    For tahr there is a ballot each year where you can access the blocks by chopper, that you normally aren't allowed to fly in to ( you can only use the chopper to fly to the designated campsite). Anyone is allowed to put in for these blocks. These are not the only places you can hunt tahr.
    There are quite a few places where you can hunt tahr right by the road that you can drive a 2wd along. You might not get a big 12" plus bull there, but you will see and shoot tahr. Also lots/even more places where you can access tahr hunting with a one day walk. Also huts that you can fly into year around. Chamois hunting is similar.
    Kiwi hunters get pissed off with AATH (Aerially assisted trophy hunting) where hunters(?) are allowed to hound/herd tahr from a helicopter and shoot them. The AATH permit gives the guide helicopter access to areas normal kiwi hunters cannot get helicopter access to.
    I don't tend to like foreign hunters getting into place where im not allowed because of the size of there wallet, I also don't like foreign hunters being able to ballot for the same areas as a kiwi and drawing ahead of a kiwi, that in my opinion is wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dont waste your time chasing every last fps, it doesnt matter in the real world, it wont make a difference, all it will do is cause head aches and frustrations. And dont listen to silly old cunts

R93
    Where you been fella?
    Got any snapper yet?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Smiddy View Post
    I don't tend to like foreign hunters getting into place where im not allowed because of the size of there wallet, I also don't like foreign hunters being able to ballot for the same areas as a kiwi and drawing ahead of a kiwi, that in my opinion is wrong.

We've discussed this previously.

I simply don't care ( tho it's a disgusting practice )how many Tahr they haze on Lillybank or "free range " trophies they shoot on Ngamatea or Poronui. It's private land, so their rules.
    The public estate ( DOC land ) maintained and administered out of the public purse ( your and my taxes ), should be for the use of NZ hunters exclusively.
    And I have little if any reciprocal hunting rights in most countries I may want to visit.....without mentioning the bullshit associated with taking my own firearm there.

We are a soft touch.

B
    Steve123 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Where you been fella?
    Got any snapper yet?

Building a jet boat last couple months, nearly there, no snaps for me, haven't had the line out much

Dont waste your time chasing every last fps, it doesnt matter in the real world, it wont make a difference, all it will do is cause head aches and frustrations. And dont listen to silly old cunts

The NZ balloting system?

Quote Originally Posted by shift14 View Post
    We've discussed this previously.

I simply don't care ( tho it's a disgusting practice )how many Tahr they haze on Lillybank or "free range " trophies they shoot on Ngamatea or Poronui. It's private land, so their rules.
    The public estate ( DOC land ) maintained and administered out of the public purse ( your and my taxes ), should be for the use of NZ hunters exclusively.
    And I have little if any reciprocal hunting rights in most countries I may want to visit.....without mentioning the bullshit associated with taking my own firearm there.

We are a soft touch.

B
    Yes agree, they can shoot all the animals on private land they want.
    We pay our taxes every week therefore we should have rights to those animals on public land over any foreign hunter

kiwijames and BRADS like this.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiddy View Post
    Building a jet boat last couple months, nearly there, no snaps for me, haven't had the line out much

I hear there are a few about. Especially north.
    I am going to get out when the weather improves.
    How big is the JB?

Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    I hear there are a few about. Especially north.
    I am going to get out when the weather improves.
    How big is the JB?

3m with 110hp engine

R93 likes this.

I am not aware of any regulations that prohibit or preclude foreigners from hunting on federal land, e. g., BLM property. The general requirement is that one have a valid hunting license.

In regards to the individual states, the only limitation I am aware of is that non-residents must purchase an "out-of-state" license and the appropriate tag(s), which is applicable to everyone, not just foreigners. From the following link, it appears that a license and tag may not be required in every situation.

http://bighorncanyonranch.com/?page_id=21

If you want to speak to speak to a guide I know about hunting in Wyoming, I am happy to pass on his number.

Scotty

Wanderer likes this.
    If you learn to laugh at yourself, you will never be left unamused.