Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: NZ Hunter thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    It has no active members anymore. This forum was started partially because the Greg Duley fans would not let anyone else shooting LR get a word in edge wise.
    Yeah well maybe its just time to move past all of that.Its all very divisive whatever side of the fence you stand on . Hunters / Shooters / Outdoors people need to find a way to become more harmonious . Everybody brings something different to the table.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan F View Post
    Yeah well maybe its just time to move past all of that.Its all very divisive whatever side of the fence you stand on . Hunters / Shooters / Outdoors people need to find a way to become more harmonious . Everybody brings something different to the table.
    Agreed.
    Nathan F likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanners View Post
    They arnt a current advertiser, so cant currently advertise - which is what promoting the show was doing.

I’m sure if you need something, you’ll find a number of ways to contact them rather easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @Spanners, are there a number of threads on here that you classify as advertising which could be deleted if the original poster stops advertising elsewhere on the forum ? Perhaps they could be indicated somehow, like sponsored articles or full pagers in paper media ?

Conflicts of interest to declare: none. I hadn't looked at that thread as I just assumed it would be largely promotional .

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagheera View Post
    @Spanners, are there a number of threads on here that you classify as advertising which could be deleted if the original poster stops advertising elsewhere on the forum ? Perhaps they could be indicated somehow, like sponsored articles or full pagers in paper media ?

Conflicts of interest to declare: none. I hadn't looked at that thread as I just assumed it would be largely promotional .
    We don’t go back and strip posts.

It’s relatively simple.
    Advertisers can advertise
    Non advertisers can’t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Moa Hunter and Mathias like this.

Quote Originally Posted by chainsaw View Post
    it was a 180 ELDM with a ridiculous amount of RL33 behind it ..... from memory. I'll PM u what i think it was, but dont want to post it here 'cos it seemed a pretty extreme load & my memory might not be accurate.
    Greg also stated "only good for Sako & Tikkas".
    Pretty sure it was the Berger 180 Hybrid @Nathan F with Rel 33.
    Nathan F likes this.

Still shivering after last nights program.

Last night was great. Anyone new to winter hunter Sika (or any deer) should have got a lot of tips out of it.

Killing that last thread was a shame really because it had some very good info in it.
    Nathan F, 199p, tetawa and 5 others like this.

Ironically this thread promotes the show just the same. I had considered creating a thread last night saying watch TV Duke tonight 830 etc just for shits and giggles.

It's a tough one because it's more of an endorsement than advertising in my opinion.

Greg wasnt offering anything for sale or service by endorsing his own tv show. Yes I know he is payed by sponsors etc (advertising) and to keep that going you need viewers. And yes I know he does a bit of 'gunsmithing' etc.

Tough call, but I ain't the boss and freedom of speech is a beautiful thing.

Sent from my RNE-L22 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by deepsouthaussie View Post
    Ironically this thread promotes the show just the same. I had considered creating a thread last night saying watch TV Duke tonight 830 etc just for shits and giggles.
    It's a tough one because it's more of an endorsement than advertising in my opinion.
    Greg wasnt offering anything for sale or service by endorsing his own tv show. Yes I know he is payed by sponsors etc (advertising) and to keep that going you need viewers. And yes I know he does a bit of 'gunsmithing' etc.
    Tough call, but I ain't the boss and freedom of speech is a beautiful thing.
    Sent from my RNE-L22 using Tapatalk
    I don't think he was even endorsing his show, he was just answering some questions from a punter regarding something they has seen on the show.
    A tough one

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chainsaw View Post
    I don't think he was even endorsing his show, he was just answering some questions from a punter regarding something they has seen on the show.
    A tough one
    Hmm
    I think different...

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 422
Size:  38.4 KB
    Last edited by Spanners; 14-03-2019 at 10:11 AM.
    chainsaw and 2post like this.

sneakywaza I got
    The show itself is advertising, the whole logic behind posting about the show on here, is to get you linked to that advertising.
    Spanners, tetawa and csmiffy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 257weatherby View Post
    The show itself is advertising, the whole logic behind posting about the show on here, is to get you linked to that advertising.
    True, but it takes more than the show to get me to support Hunting and Fleecing.
    Tommy and 223nut like this.

//RANT//
    I'm personally over the show - This season has gone beyond ridiculous with the amount of in-show advertising. I meant to get my stopwatch out last night and see how much genuine action we got in our hour long show, I forgot, but I'd hazard a guess that it would be much less than 30 mins.

By the time they take out the actual ad breaks it's down to 40 odd minutes (which is fine, TV producers need to make it financially viable) but then there was at least another 10 minutes of content that serves no purpose other than to sell you sponsor's gear. Not to mention the two "tip of the trip" sections (one of which felt like a 10 minute lecture on looking after your boots). Don't get me wrong, I've got no issue with a shot or two of guys eating a dehy or setting up their tent or getting in to their sleeping bag provided they are actually adding value to the overall experience (it's all part of the adventure), but when it is so frequent that you feel like the whole show is one big ad it gets tiresome.

I like the show, some of the footage is fantastic and I love most of the messaging and the work they are doing to help non-hunters understand and appreciate what an amazing resource we have here in NZ. I will probably continue to watch it when I have nothing better to do, but I will continue to cringe at the pure volume of blatant advertising in-show. I feel like if they dialled it back by 20% I would have a much more enjoyable time watching it, and buy as much of their sponsor's products as I currently do (if not more).

//ENDRANT//
    "I heard Jesus did cocaine on a night out. Eyes wide-open, dialated, but he's fine now. And if his father ever finds out, then he'd probably knock his lights out...
    Gets a little messy in heaven "
    - Venbee

How does it affect anything at all him giving us a heads up about the show so we don't miss it? be different if he was "don't miss out on tonights hunting and fishing products". Also good of him to take the time and answer questions too.

I herd if you go to junction hnf and order a carbon lite in 7rm plus z5 scope in optilocks they get greg to personally sign the stock and you get 2 free boxes of ammo

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    Konus binoculars " The power to imagine"