Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: NZ Hunting Vid Channels

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Jack View Post
    True Blue Kiwi hunting, a bit of everywhere and sadly passed away earlier this year. Work colleague was good friends with him.
    That’s sad to hear, I really enjoyed his videos.
    Tahr and Jono91 like this.
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!

Khan Adam has some great videos, don’t mind the young scallywag Rifle Walkers too.
    Jono91 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ned View Post
    Not just that but a brilliant teacher too. Of all the channels I watch I learn the most from Shay's stuff. Woodsman also very good at sharing his knowledge too.
    Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
    I reckon if he went on Patreon he'd quickly get subscribers and provide more of his quality content. Because he really wouldn't have to change everything. His secret is his personality, skills and just everyday go and do it style. And not a pair of $600 Kuiu pants in sight!

And it's nice to watch his vids because they aren't full of product placement..... I watched one the other day and it was.. "Can't wait t get back to the Backcountry? What do you think of the new Backcountry curry? Glad we'll be back to the Backcountry soon. This is the new Backcountry curry" etc etc etc. I think they liked/were sponsored by Backcountry.....
    stuart and ando2506 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ethos View Post
    me too @gimp
    I think it's unlikely I'll make any films again any time soon. I found it detracts from the experience of actually hunting - trips become more about making a film than hunting, you feel like you have to kill something to be successful - ideally a big giant stag - and doing anything more creative than lots of selfie-stick-wanker-angle takes a lot of time and effort, it's something I did and enjoyed for a bit but I'm not sure there's a lot more for me to get out of it for now
    7mmsaum, ethos, Danny and 5 others like this.

South Island Hunting Adventures

Only just started putting videos up. Hopefully will start seeing more uploads soon

https://youtube.com/channel/UC_bb9OksT6BIxEHOTwvYBag

I’ve just binged Adam Schmidt’s videos. Such good motivation to just keep it simple stupid and get out amongst it
    Louie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    I think it's unlikely I'll make any films again any time soon. I found it detracts from the experience of actually hunting - trips become more about making a film than hunting, you feel like you have to kill something to be successful - ideally a big giant stag - and doing anything more creative than lots of selfie-stick-wanker-angle takes a lot of time and effort, it's something I did and enjoyed for a bit but I'm not sure there's a lot more for me to get out of it for now
    Really enjoyed your gear review videos.
    I agree about it detracting from the hunt. There must be a lot of walking up a hill setting a camera then walking right up to it again. Always made me chuckle

More pills and Powder!! burtonator's Avatar
    A plug for myself make plenty of mistakes no ones perfect eh. I think my vids are getting better each vid haha
    Most of you guys have probably seen the vids but for anyone who hasn’t have a look and hope you enjoy!!

https://youtube.com/channel/UCtMlfjpuTG5MGHrFuueJQ8A
    Life is the art of drawing without an eraser