Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Ok, kawekas... where, for a week... and go.

Cool bro. Thanks for the heads up. Already rung doc. 0olice have nothing to do with it, they only enforce what doc say. And doc head office said it was all gravy.

Just read these posts...... goood to see your all enjoying yourselves

Just a side note.....like doc are willing to 1080, WARO, Thar slaughter.....but not let us humble hunters use thermal in the location of animals to help keep numbers at a reasonable level I really just don’t get that logic at all

How ever you feel on the issue it just makes no sense.

Post note if your are going to talk to doc about this.....get it in writing...you can use that in court....phone call not really!
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
    Just read these posts...... goood to see your all enjoying yourselves

Just a side note.....like doc are willing to 1080, WARO, Thar slaughter.....but not let us humble hunters use thermal in the location of animals to help keep numbers at a reasonable level I really just don’t get that logic at all

How ever you feel on the issue it just makes no sense.

Post note if your are going to talk to doc about this.....get it in writing...you can use that in court....phone call not really!
    Its another kettle of fish as to where the line is drawn on the Ethics of the Hunt-
    So in Australia just recently....

Thermal has clearly been highlighted as illegal under the Hunting Permits on public land under the Fair chase deal- Which is common sense as its day light spotlighting without any doubt.

However-
    on Private lands- that same Game animal is now unprotected to protect the livelihood of the Farmers right,..... Which allows any Calibre, an method used to effectively Cull the deer damaging the land in those areas... Thats very Clear.

but the Trend is thermal whilst hike hunting or deisel stalking country roads taking the chase out of the hunt and fast pacing Set o Antlers..OR creating youtube content- but u didnt see that. just see how good they are at finding deer? o k .

the culture and mindset is the issue so it needs to be relayed more about the Hunt and the Resource the deer actually is and basically to have these trophys that everyone went and spent 5k on to obtain a item to make that easier, the whole game management discussion comes into play-- the Thermal must be labelled as a Culling tool only as thats where it excells - no one could argue- Victorian harvest is all thermal work.

availability though,, how can you enforce it deep in southland? or mt cook region? ya sorta cant- but ya educate the young on what a fair chase hunt is, whats good about spending the week lookin for one and everything that goes with the smell of the bacon in the morning and that inspires them to do that without the 'cheater' tool---
    technology attracts a certain percentage of the crowd of deer hunters - just look at the 6.5 creepmoore, it kills better than a 308 just ask the magazines and Well heck, if a set of Binos help me shoot more Deer- ill buy that too crowd- same fullas with expensive guns, expensive boots, expensive packs, nice trucks, primo camo gear, bino harnesses, go pros,...you know the crowds.

anyway- fuck ya thermals for trophy hunting- an ya meat hunting culture of velvet soup invites the 'illegal' harvest as the competition on these big stags is feirce in the woods, not fighting feirce, just fierce competition for the same thing... nz has alot of these same things and they can nearly all get there if they are all able to be giving some time to freakin grow lol...

irony much.

Mounted stag on the walls, without any 'cheater' - no better feeling lookin at that thing time and time again-

i couldnt imagine lookin at one each day that i knew i some how cheated the method of the journey that it took to get it there.

food for thought.
    Rusky and Skull Collector like this.