Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Pig baiting help required

Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Do you have to pay when it sends the pics and is that a chicken?
    Pretty sure it's a pig

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Normal txt charges tobes, and its a hawk

Quote Originally Posted by johnino View Post
    That's a cool setup. Good value too. Except if u end up paying for lots of texted hawk and cow photos I end up getting. Long as you set it up in a sensible spot aye.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It is not as touchy as some cameras but yea that was my first thought, get it wrong and you will chew up all your credit fast, im setting it up so I can top it up online, while it is sitting in place, it also has a timer function so you can choose when its going to send pics

Turn phone thingy off and its a normal camera sitting there taking pics

I don't like the remote, too easy to loose is my thinking, but yea going to have some fun with this
    johnino likes this.
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    OPCz

Quote Originally Posted by moonhunt View Post
    It is not as touchy as some cameras but yea that was my first thought, get it wrong and you will chew up all your credit fast, im setting it up so I can top it up online, while it is sitting in place, it also has a timer function so you can choose when its going to send pics

Turn phone thingy off and its a normal camera sitting there taking pics

I don't like the remote, too easy to loose is my thinking, but yea going to have some fun with this
    Might be a dumb question. Can you change the settings from home? If its sending you shit pics?

No , it does show you what its looking at when setting up and also has a test beam so you can adjust things on site to suit
    OPCz

Mate I have just got one of these cameras but I'm really struggling to get to the send mms stage to my email got a sim phone card and $20 ticket all loaded on. It says it's got service n says sim but can't get any further than that any tips? Instructions say got click on instant but can't find this. Any ideas?
    Thanks

My cousin gets old bread from a bakery, apples or fish guts. They all work a treat, and they're free. Dead stinky goats are good too

Are you useing a Vodafone sim card as Telecom cards dont work.

This. Skip to 5:20 to see the action.

Boarbuster

Further advice here

Quote Originally Posted by Catch it View Post
    Mate I have just got one of these cameras but I'm really struggling to get to the send mms stage to my email got a sim phone card and $20 ticket all loaded on. It says it's got service n says sim but can't get any further than that any tips? Instructions say got click on instant but can't find this. Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Did you get a disk with the camera? mine came with one, you need to load the file from the disk onto computer then load that file onto the SD card with your phone details etc
    OPCz

Quote Originally Posted by johnino View Post
    I bought a 25kg bag of maize from a prize prick in Farmlands Waipapa (RD1 in future). I'll get it fermenting away in a bucket.
    Went for a recce this morning. Found a little hollow by the edge of the bush with fresh pig rooting. I'll bait up around this area. I just bought a trailcam off ebay. Can't wait to set that up. I might shoot a turkey or two and chuck them down there too. A bit of blood and bone spread around. What pig won't want to come and hang out there.Attachment 22670
    You want pig rooting try thisName:  IMG_0750.jpg
Views: 507
Size:  652.2 KB
    some of the guilty party day and nightName:  PICT0026.JPG
Views: 619
Size:  874.5 KBName:  PICT0018.jpg
Views: 561
Size:  376.2 KBName:  PICT0594.jpg
Views: 511
Size:  296.3 KBThe simplest trap put up as an experiment with it's first catchName:  IMG_0720.jpg
Views: 520
Size:  1,006.1 KB There were 4 in it but the smallest one managed to lift the bottom just enough. More pegs fixed that. The trap accounted for 28 over 3 weeks.
    Diet as you can see is goat, dead sheep etc it brings them in from a long way off.
    moonhunt, P38, veitnamcam and 1 others like this.

Good work. We've done the same thing for years. At their worst the buggers were rooting over 10-15 acres a night.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    You want pig rooting try thisAttachment 34421
    some of the guilty party day and nightAttachment 34422Attachment 34423Attachment 34424The simplest trap put up as an experiment with it's first catchAttachment 34425 There were 4 in it but the smallest one managed to lift the bottom just enough. More pegs fixed that. The trap accounted for 28 over 3 weeks.
    Diet as you can see is goat, dead sheep etc it brings them in from a long way off.
    They like it in there so much they are all having a nap
    moonhunt and madmaori like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.