Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree283Likes

Thread: Police Crackdown (Under the Radar)

Quote Originally Posted by Flyblown View Post
    Well, start with "don't be a dickhead" and go from there.

I had a chat with my Snr Sgt mate and the message was simple - too many dickheads, too many incidents, too many stupid deaths. Dickheads, being dickheads, with firearms. They've gotta go, for their own sake as well as everyone elses.
    If that were the case, then why arent Police getting together and complaining to the govt. I guess its just easier to give them guns.
    Dago likes this.
    GUN CONTROL IS A TIGHT 5-SHOT GROUP.

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    I believe that every week Police would review a list of firearms license holders that have had any form of touch point with Police in the last week, with the view of determining whether or not it affects the license holders fit and proper status. This is nothing to be concerned over if you simply don’t come to the attention of Police.
    If one's a licensed firearm owner in Canada, that occurs daily.

Struggling to see how this thread is in the ‘hunting’ section.
    So far we have attitudes to Police, and perhaps slightly more relevant, litter in the bush.
    257weatherby likes this.
    Welcome to Sako club.

northdude
    they saw the litter when they were hunting
    308 and Ben Waimata like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Doghead View Post

Fronted for interview - did learn that they do revoke a reasonable number - but the look on his face was priceless when I walked into the room - I was clearly not what he was expecting.

I've got to ask; what do you look like, and what do you think he was expecting? If you were wearing a clerical collar or something I get it....
    veitnamcam, Pengy, 308 and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    As it should be....some fucking idiots out there with FALs.
    Not relay surprising with the quality of vetting that was going once the AO/Vetting staff were underfunded by the Government. The worst example being B Tarrant.

I hate to think who else got a license while the plod were giving them away with the cereal boxes.

I would make them go back and check through everyone given a license after 2015.

All pretty ironic though isn't it.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political...rearms-licence

Funny how this article isn't parroted in Stuffed.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/cri...d-crime-groups

Just the good stuff about what the Police are GOING to do.... Maybe?
    rugerman and Russian 22. like this.

Lots of people should not have firearms licences because of just how silly and dangerous they are and not following simple rules. However I do not trust the motivations behind government and police when it comes to finding any reason possible to disarm the population. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they let shit happen as an excuse to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by hamsav View Post
    I was just thinking ,I wonder if they have delibrately shoved a spanner in there so that it ( the whole fal thing ) would appear to be failing and thusly need some more rules.
    Probably, my thoughts are following the same track. Why the big delays in processing. How many FAL renewals are received a month in a place like Christchurch. Cant be that many. I think this backlog is being done for a reason

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    That really pisses me off Gibo. Cunts can catty it in full but can’t carry it out empty. Shits the fuck out of me.
    Same fuck heads leaving their shit on the coast lines for others to clean up
    stingray and 40mm like this.

When I had my licence renewed this year they also asked if I had been in any long term relationships within the last 5-years and if so wanted the name and phone number to contact them as part of the vetting process. I can see why they are doing it but can also see how it could be used to extract utu.... The old "I was too scared t say anything at the time" etc etc. For me it was 6 years, but I still gave hi the name and number as we're sweet as and I wasn't worried.

Banned
    Regarding Re-licencing, First Rule: Dont lie to the Police / vetting staff they have your records in front of them
    Steve123 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Same fuck heads leaving their shit on the coast lines for others to clean up
    And smashed bottles - particularly in parks etc where kids and dogs run around.

That kind shouldn’t be granted a FAL for a long time - like when they’re mature. ( for some it would be when they get to 60 - and I’m being charitable here)
    ‘Many of my bullets have died in vain’

Quote Originally Posted by chindit View Post
    Probably, my thoughts are following the same track. Why the big delays in processing. How many FAL renewals are received a month in a place like Christchurch. Cant be that many. I think this backlog is being done for a reason
    I don't understand why , as long as you have put your reapplication in and paid your money , all of a sudden we are not allowed to keep or use our firearms...
    So somehow magically on the date your licence expires are you going to turn into some rabid , frothing at the mouth untrustworthy ultra violent f-wit ?
    Well I have been fine for the last ten years to the point I have had no contact with police, maybe one speeding ticket l think and I reported an accident and spent 1/2 hr at the scene helping the victim and clearing the road and directing traffic before the police finally appeared , but I can't use my guns after expiration because they can't be arsed doing their end of the paperwork which instantly makes me unfit overnight....
    That is wrong , pure and simple.
    born to hunt - forced to work

Like Carhill carrying on about the dangers of starting pistols being converted and now, as they are not used in NZ for starting races anymore, how come we still have them in NZ. No one challengers him from the press? It’s not worth trying to convert one over making one from scratch, most are muck metal. But no one tells him to front up with proof! It’s hard to care about the cops anymore. You are discussing FALs, if you lose it you could join a gang and be looked after by the system?
    JessicaChen likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Meanwhile today an idjit with a gun robbed the TAB in Wainuiomata...safer NZ my arse...
    stingray, Maca49 and JessicaChen like this.
    ‘Many of my bullets have died in vain’