Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree225Likes

Thread: Purchasing products from Forest & Bird Sponcers .

Dear JB HiFi

First of all, I enjoy using your physical shop in Dunedin. Staff, even the security guards at the entrance, are always friendly. Some time ago we suffered a burglary and I will always remember the helpfulness of one of the Dunedin JB HiFi store owners in sorting out replacements for us with our insurance company.
    That said, I was disappointed and uneasy to learn that JB HiFi has appeared on a sponsor list for NZ "Forest and Bird" society. F&B has a benign sounding name but it is not some benign nature protection organisation, nor has it respect for animals.

-- F&B supports extreme culls of threatened species such as Himalayan Tahr, which has found a survival niche in New Zealand. They are shot from helicopters and left to rot. That Tahr is a threatened species matters little to F&B, what matters to them is that it is a non-maori (non-indigenous) species and so does not belong in NZ, and native tussock grass is more important to save. That guided Tahr hunting is a multi million dollar industry down the impoverished NZ South Island West Coast area does not matter to F&B.
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/the-countr...ectid=12347244

-- Remember the Pike River coal mine tragedy? The mine had an unhelpful 2 km access tunnel because F&B thought some limited local scenery in an inaccessible spot was more important, and 27 human lives ended up being lost through a mining operation that could have been straightforward and able to be cleaned up perfectly after completion. This again affected the impoverished NZ West Coast community, no doubt sponsored mainly by well-intentioned city-dwellers.

-- F&B is also strongly in favour of using mass drops of 1080 poison on public conservation lands. The NZ Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals opposes 1080 use, because 1080 poison is known to inflict intense suffering on animals. https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12202919

Thank you for your time in reading this. I humbly ask that JB HiFi considers quietly dropping your sponsorship support of NZ Forest and Bird.

Yours sincerely

Cordite
    Dunedin
    veitnamcam, tetawa, Pengy and 18 others like this.
    An itch ... is ... a desire to scratch

Good to know who to avoid for supporting forest and bird . They do similar things to the saltwater fishing community too, trying to conflate flounder or butterfish nets with the inevitable extinction of the Maui dolphin.
    I'm guessing the other types of funding are yearly subscriptions and money left in the wills of sanctimonious prius drivers.
    veitnamcam and Cordite like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordite View Post
    Dear JB HiFi

First of all, I enjoy using your physical shop in Dunedin. Staff, even the security guards at the entrance, are always friendly. Some time ago we suffered a burglary and I will always remember the helpfulness of one of the Dunedin JB HiFi store owners in sorting out replacements for us with our insurance company.
    That said, I was disappointed and uneasy to learn that JB HiFi has appeared on a sponsor list for NZ "Forest and Bird" society. F&B has a benign sounding name but it is not some benign nature protection organisation, nor has it respect for animals.

-- F&B supports extreme culls of threatened species such as Himalayan Tahr, which has found a survival niche in New Zealand. They are shot from helicopters and left to rot. That Tahr is a threatened species matters little to F&B, what matters to them is that it is a non-maori (non-indigenous) species and so does not belong in NZ, and native tussock grass is more important to save. That guided Tahr hunting is a multi million dollar industry down the impoverished NZ South Island West Coast area does not matter to F&B.

-- Remember the Pike River coal mine tragedy? The mine had an unhelpful 2 km access tunnel because F&B thought some limited local scenery in an inaccessible spot was more important, and 27 human lives ended up being lost through a mining operation that could have been straightforward and able to be cleaned up perfectly after completion. This again affected the impoverished NZ West Coast community, no doubt sponsored mainly by well-intentioned city-dwellers.

-- F&B is also strongly in favour of using mass drops of 1080 poison on public conservation lands. The NZ Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals opposes 1080 use, because 1080 poison is known to inflict intense suffering on animals. https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12202919

Thank you for your time in reading this. I humbly ask that JB HiFi considers quietly dropping your sponsorship support of NZ Forest and Bird.

Yours sincerely

Cordite
    Dunedin
    Any reply as of now?
    RIP Harry F. 29/04/20

Quote Originally Posted by Max Headroom View Post
    Any reply as of now?
    None so far, but it's the weekend.

I don't actually need/expect/want a reply, but if the company disappeared from the F&B website list of sponsors it would make me...

An itch ... is ... a desire to scratch

I have emailed macpac. If we all message them I think we will see some action
    Cordite likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohawk .308 View Post
    A response from epic dairy:

Thanks for touching base with us here at The Collective HQ.

We understand your concern around this current issue and are keeping a close eye on what’s happening.

Forest & Bird have assured us that they are not seeking to eradicate the entire Tahr population. Instead, they are simply asking that the Department of Conservation comply with the law passed over 25 years ago. This is to ensure that the Tahr Population is kept at a maximum of 10,000, to help conserve the high country flora and fauna of NZ.

We will be continuing our sponsorship with Forest & Bird, as they are doing great things to protect our native species.

We hope you can understand the partnership we have with them, and that you can continue to support us do what we do best… making delicious yoghurt here in Avondale.
    Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to Forest & Bird directly, on 04 385 7374.

Warmest Regards,

Phoebe Chamberlain
    Marketing Assistant

Telephone
    +64 9 820 5555

Mobile
    +64 273 294 023

Address
    119 Lansford Crescent, Avondale, Auckland 0600, New Zealand

Website
    www.thecollective.kiwi
    I’ve just had a look on there website my kids eat those yogurt Suckies in there lunch and at home guess I’ll send them an email as well.
    Everybody needs to send emails if they use these products the thought of losing customers will put the shits up them

They got this
    Name:  E1DD8323-4A86-487A-B664-C9743A2E601F.jpeg
Views: 370
Size:  215.8 KB

As much as I would like to bulk email everyone that supports f&b I don’t think that will help. I will though email and stop using anyone that I am a customer of
    Cordite likes this.

Gkp
    Good work guys. Nothing like a good old fashion boycott!
    These companies need to be a bit more selective who they support vs there target market.
    This is definitely good leverage
    Cordite likes this.

Maybe a few highway signs posted up!
    These companies are complicit in the murder of Thar through there supporting F&B

That would wake a few of em up
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordite View Post
    Dear JB HiFi

Yours sincerely

Cordite
    Dunedin
    Moari are not indigenous in this country, please never refer to them as such in any text ever again.
    Otherwise well done.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

I got the same E mail from the collective , get into them more people that e mail them the better .
    Cordite likes this.
    The Green party putting the CON in conservation since 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Boaraxa View Post
    I got the same E mail from the collective , get into them more people that e mail them the better .
    Apart from their support of twig & tweet, The Collective also deserve to be boycotted due to their shithouse food safety and quality history:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/117...steria-results
    Boaraxa and paremata like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 7.62 View Post
    Apart from their support of twig & tweet, The Collective also deserve to be boycotted due to their shithouse food safety and quality history:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/117...steria-results
    Thats pretty shocking, I'm never buying their stuff again even if they stop funding twig and tweet.
    matto1234 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Boaraxa View Post
    Just got my reply from them same email as well
    Cordite likes this.