Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree225Likes

Thread: Purchasing products from Forest & Bird Sponcers .

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Moari are not indigenous in this country, please never refer to them as such in any text ever again.
    Otherwise well done.
    I'm Maori, and i refer to myself as being indigenous to New Zealand. The Maori are indigenous to New Zealand as the Morior are to the Chatham's.
    kawhia likes this.

Well my forefathers came in by sailing ship to nz I count myself as an indigenous New Zealander!
    But let’s now get back on track and stop looking for a sideshow that isn’t there!
    Steve123 likes this.
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Projects View Post
    I'm Maori, and i refer to myself as being indigenous to New Zealand. The Maori are indigenous to New Zealand as the Morior are to the Chatham's.
    Sorry mate but you are no more indigenous than I am.
    New Zealand has no indigenous humans of any race.

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk
    Taupohunter likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Oh, oh... it looks like Puffin Dubbin may need to consider a different supplier.
    https://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co....roofing-54204/
    ANOTHERHUNTER, Boaraxa and Cordite like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
    Oh, oh... it looks like Puffin Dubbin may need to consider a different supplier.
    https://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co....roofing-54204/
    At least you don't have to find an alternative to Countdown. Their change of stands should warm the heart of every cynic.

How is puffin dubbin going?

Moari are not indigenous in this country, please never refer to them as such in any text ever again.
    Otherwise well done.
    I wasn't making a judgment on that, just using 'maori' in its word meaning of 'native'. Not to worried about the maori/pakeha indigenous/exotic issue as I'm born in Europe. If I was born in NZ I guess it could be a source of hurt and anger.

A "native" is not someone brown skinned with a grass skirt like the ones living in the kraal in the old Tarzan comics. Native refers to nativity, birth, so if you are born somewhere you are native of that place.

Those with mixed lineages are the ones who hurt the most from squabbles. What's it like to both love and hate each side of your background? Does a chameleon explode when you place him on a chess board?
    Micky Duck likes this.
    An itch ... is ... a desire to scratch

Quote Originally Posted by Cordite View Post
    At least you don't have to find an alternative to Countdown. Their change of stands should warm the heart of every cynic.

How is puffin dubbin going?

I wasn't making a judgment on that, just using 'maori' in its word meaning of 'native'. Not to worried about the maori/pakeha indigenous/exotic issue as I'm born in Europe. If I was born in NZ I guess it could be a source of hurt and anger.

A "native" is not someone brown skinned with a grass skirt like the ones living in the kraal in the old Tarzan comics. Native refers to nativity, birth, so if you are born somewhere you are native of that place.

Those with mixed lineages are the ones who hurt the most from squabbles. What's it like to both love and hate each side of your background? Does a chameleon explode when you place him on a chess board?
    I was just pointing out that Moari are not indigenous ( as you said in brackets)
    I never mentioned " natives".

has anyone heard back from macpac? of note is NZ alpine team mentor Ben Dare who made a cameo in recently released tahr propaganda vid (which i thought was well done). hopefully there is some pressure being applied there.

but, at the end of the day, there needs to be a proper management system set up. it is not sustainable to just lobby DOC every few years when they propose some culling. the wapiti foundation seems to be the shining example that the tahr foundation will need to emulate, otherwise we are just fighting a fight that we will one day lose. the only option is a properly funded tahr foundation which we all pay a subscription to. I would also suggest we are best getting on the front foot with other species too, who will inevitably cross the road into DOCs headlight beams soon enough.

my 2c anyway.
    Sideshow likes this.

I was just pointing out that Moari are not indigenous ( as you said in brackets)
    I never mentioned " natives".

Yes, we split hairs, come to that I don't think there is a real big difference between native/indigenous. But indigenous/native are both used in a racial way nowadays rather than their obvious meaning, namely if you're born somewhere. It of course leaves us without a word for people born somewhere but who are of an non-privileged colour or mixture.
    An itch ... is ... a desire to scratch

Quote Originally Posted by bang View Post
    has anyone heard back from macpac? of note is NZ alpine team mentor Ben Dare who made a cameo in recently released tahr propaganda vid (which i thought was well done). hopefully there is some pressure being applied there.

but, at the end of the day, there needs to be a proper management system set up. it is not sustainable to just lobby DOC every few years when they propose some culling. the wapiti foundation seems to be the shining example that the tahr foundation will need to emulate, otherwise we are just fighting a fight that we will one day lose. the only option is a properly funded tahr foundation which we all pay a subscription to. I would also suggest we are best getting on the front foot with other species too, who will inevitably cross the road into DOCs headlight beams soon enough.

my 2c anyway.
    Not disagreeing with what you say, but I suspect that under the current Minister the chances of emulating the wapiti model anywhere else, for any other species, is something approaching zero. She is quoted as saying that there will be no herds of special significance ( as provided for under the GAC legislation) on her watch......

Quote Originally Posted by Cordite View Post
    Yes, we split hairs, come to that I don't think there is a real big difference between native/indigenous. But indigenous/native are both used in a racial way nowadays rather than their obvious meaning, namely if you're born somewhere. It of course leaves us without a word for people born somewhere but who are of an non-privileged colour or mixture.
    There is A REALLY BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN INDIGENOUS AND NATIVE.

Look up the definitions please.

Quote Originally Posted by Boaraxa View Post
    Rite now is a good time to publish the business that support Forest & Bird , these people need $ to function, already due to complaints countdown pulled there sponsorship , if you go to the Forest and bird website you can see the list :

The Collective Nz : yo@epicdairy.com

HealthPak: info@healthpak.co.nz

Heritage Expeditions: info@heritage-expeditions.com

Evolve Jewellery: evolve@evolve-jewellery.co.nz

JB HiFi : marketing@jbhifi.co.nz

Kiwi Camping: https://www.kiwicamping.co.nz/support/contact

Pure Nature: info@purenature.co.nz

Solarcity: customercare@solarcity.co.nz

Topflite : https://topflite.co.nz/contact-topflite-team-today

Weta Digital: digital@wetafx.co.nz

After speaking to countdown they made it very clear in no way did they want to support any Tahr cull , The likes of kiwi camping should fully understand how important hunting is to us so don't hold back though be polite , I would imagine the thought of ending up on the no buy list of 48000+ hunters should pull some weight & hopefully some of the sponsors simply wont want to be implicated in the annihilation of an endangered species . I have sent a few e mails and await a response , same old story one or two emails wont cut it so take the time to contact them.Cheers.

https://www.forestandbird.org.nz/our-sponsors
    Good post fella.

F+B Were outside the Motueka new world a couple of days ago, approaching people for donations.

Luckily for the young fella manning the stall he engaged the woman in front of me. "You look like a conservation minded person" he said to her.

As I walked past, I stopped and said " what's conservation minded about exterminating all the tahr?"

They both had no idea about it....go figure?

I gave them an education and Kept my money so did she!!!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Its not what you get but what you give that makes a life !!

Quote Originally Posted by kukuwai View Post
    Good post fella.

F+B Were outside the Motueka new world a couple of days ago, approaching people for donations.

Luckily for the young fella manning the stall he engaged the woman in front of me. "You look like a conservation minded person" he said to her.

As I walked past, I stopped and said " what's conservation minded about exterminating all the tahr?"

They both had no idea about it....go figure?

I gave them an education and Kept my money so did she!!!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    I gave them a tune up about it too.

I'm not sure how I feel about this whole emailing deal, It's the same tactic that Safe and the anti rodeo groups use against the rodeo's supporters. I do understand what you guys are trying to achieve and all but I'm taking the higher road on this and not lowering myself to the level of filth like Safe or those anti nz rodeo clowns.

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    I'm not sure how I feel about this whole emailing deal, It's the same tactic that Safe and the anti rodeo groups use against the rodeo's supporters. I do understand what you guys are trying to achieve and all but I'm taking the higher road on this and not lowering myself to the level of filth like Safe or those anti nz rodeo clowns.
    You mean you choose to sit on your ass and do nothing? Emailing companies show them that you are pissed off! And make them think about things. SAFE do it because it works.
    Cordite and Mohawk .308 like this.
    there are only two things guns fear
    rust and politicians

To whom it may concern.

I am writing to inform you that as a hunter, I find it impossible to understand how a company like yours can support Forrest & Bird when they have such radical views on game animals. They want to eradicate the Tahr population. Without even consulting hunters, DoC are charging ahead and Forest & Bird are backing them to hilt as they always do!
    Not only do they want to decimate the Tahr population, they want to do it at a time when our economy needs every job we can get. The Tahr hunting industry is worth 20 million to the Southland economy! As a consequence, I will NEVER purchase any Kiwi camping branded product as long as your company supports Forest & Bird.

regards
    Mike

Hi Mike

Thank you for your feedback. We value the opinions of our customer and appreciate the time you have taken to pass on your concerns. I’ve attached the statement from our Managing Director regarding our support of Forest & Bird.

Kind Regards,

Rebecca Andrews | Customer Service Representative

Aber Living | T 0800 161 161 | F 0800 163 163

I am not interested in your MDs statement. The fact that you support Forest & Bird means I will not be purchasing any of your products. You may also want to pay attention about this. Kiwi camping, along with all other sponsors of Forest & Bird are now being circulated throughout the hunting community. And we are encouraging hunters to avoid purchasing products from these companies. Only a handful of hunters will actually take time to express their concerns.

Regards

Mike
    Boaraxa, Sideshow, kukuwai and 3 others like this.
    there are only two things guns fear
    rust and politicians