Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: Qtown goats... running riot

Queens B day weekend we went on the gondola early in the morning got a surprise to see 2 fallow & a bunch of goats on the way up .
    outlander and dannyb like this.
    The Green party putting the CON in conservation since 2017

MB
    I've seen deer under the gondola. I assumed they were farmed animals?

Nar those fence lines you see under the gondola aren’t to keep animals in they are to stop a carriage from bouncing down the mountain should 1 come loose !!!
    Sideshow, MB and dannyb like this.
    The Green party putting the CON in conservation since 2017

Next time you drive from Cromwell to Queenstown up the Kawarau gorge, check out the goats on either side of the river. All black on the far side and all white on the road side. I'm not sure if its apartheid or if they're just playing a different sport...
    "The generalist hunter and angler is a well-fed mofo" - Steven Rinella

Quote Originally Posted by Mauser308 View Post
    Um.....

Ah.....

I actually don't have anything there at all.

Hahahaha.

Everybody has a kink.

There's a resident mob of 8 goats not far from home and I spent a few wasted hours during lockdown keeping track of their movements in the spotting scope. A young nanny came on heat and so began the fighting between the 3 billies who wanted to get a leg over. The guys battled it out for 7 or 8 days while the young lady played hard to get. Eventually the dominant male managed to keep the other blokes at bay for long enough to pay the young lady some attention. There was lots of necking, licking, nudging and pitiful mewing while he begged for her pleasure. This went on for another 4 or 5 days. As soon as the dominant male turned his back for 2 seconds one of the other blokes was in like Flynn. The lady was no tramp and held her honour. The physical attention escalated. The blokes got horribly frustrated, then angry, more fighting, more attention, more frustration... and still the lady held her head up. It was bloody funny and I couldn't help but feel for the guys... it was just like in the human world.

Such was my entertainment for much of April.

Quote Originally Posted by Boaraxa View Post
    Queens B day weekend we went on the gondola early in the morning got a surprise to see 2 fallow & a bunch of goats on the way up .
    I bet they were smoking, swearing and drinking gin and coke.

Quote Originally Posted by planenutz View Post
    Hahahaha.

Everybody has a kink.

There's a resident mob of 8 goats not far from home and I spent a few wasted hours during lockdown keeping track of their movements in the spotting scope. A young nanny came on heat and so began the fighting between the 3 billies who wanted to get a leg over. The guys battled it out for 7 or 8 days while the young lady played hard to get. Eventually the dominant male managed to keep the other blokes at bay for long enough to pay the young lady some attention. There was lots of necking, licking, nudging and pitiful mewing while he begged for her pleasure. This went on for another 4 or 5 days. As soon as the dominant male turned his back for 2 seconds one of the other blokes was in like Flynn. The lady was no tramp and held her honour. The physical attention escalated. The blokes got horribly frustrated, then angry, more fighting, more attention, more frustration... and still the lady held her head up. It was bloody funny and I couldn't help but feel for the guys... it was just like in the human world.

Such was my entertainment for much of April.
    We have a Wiltshire ram who basically turns into a camel when frisky. Bugger lifts his head straight up, sticks his tongue out and makes fizzy, blowing and spitting noises while running around erratically... these antics perplex the wife no end. As long as she does expect me to do all this, I'm fine with it!
    dannyb likes this.

Ned
    Speaking of goats, does anyone remember the big white billy goat that used to hang out on the Hutt side of Ngauranga Gorge in Wellington? About halfway down the gorge. As a young teenager it felt like that thing lived there for years. Every time we drove into town, there he'd be, way out on the middle of the cliff face. Early/mid 1980's.

Does Queenstown car insurance exclude goat hoof panel damage? Or is it an optional extra?

Man thats a job id love to do, load up the 10-22 and 300blk and lemme at them

Quote Originally Posted by Bill999 View Post
    Man thats a job id love to do, load up the 10-22 and 300blk and lemme at them
    Like killing then, do you?

Gkp
    In the 90s we would call up the police station to let them know that we were going to slay goats along gorge Rd to authers point. We would have a good old fashion bomb up, no suppressors back then, most shot out the window of the car and no one would care....... Those were the days
    Bill999 and dannyb like this.

Auckland, until I can escape south....to Southland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dama dama View Post
    Next time you drive from Cromwell to Queenstown up the Kawarau gorge, check out the goats on either side of the river. All black on the far side and all white on the road side. I'm not sure if its apartheid or if they're just playing a different sport...
    aha, Watched a couple of black ones across the river from the Meg, Queens Birthday
    Was trying to work out if they were fallow or goats
    He nui to ngaromanga, he iti to putanga.

You depart with mighty boasts, but you come back having done little.
    Sounds like a typical hunting trip !

Goats were wandering around the bush edges under the gondola 30yr ago.Stinking bloody things.Use to shoot them across the river up from the meg,good fun with the 308.
    Bill999 likes this.

Gkp
    Quote Originally Posted by Trout View Post
    Goats were wandering around the bush edges under the gondola 30yr ago.Stinking bloody things.Use to shoot them across the river up from the meg,good fun with the 308.
    Classic so did i

Quote Originally Posted by outlander View Post
    Like killing then, do you?
    I like problem solving and suppressed subsonic guns that don't disturb others
    Like sucking cock?