Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Queenstown Airport- Dead Pigs in the Carpark

I can remember as a kid going with my dad to visit a rabbiter. He was full time employed on a large farm and lived in a small shack out the back of the farm.
    He hung all his kill on the fences. I think it may have been a way of showing that he was doing his job to his cocky employer. Certainly not showing off which most of these modern displays (parades) would appear to be.

Seen rabbit board guys do it as well.

"This isn't Auckland". There are probably more shooters/hunters living in Auckland than the entire country put together.

(goes back to his Latte, slurp slurp)
    Ranger 888 likes this.

Do you mean avocado hunters?
    rugerman and berg243 like this.

Farmer down the road hangs magpies from the fences, he swears it keeps the other pesky buggers away. Might be an old wives tale but anything is worth trying I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by hamish9701 View Post
    Farmer down the road hangs magpies from the fences, he swears it keeps the other pesky buggers away. Might be an old wives tale but anything is worth trying I reckon.
    I'd probably do that too... I have a deep-rooted dislike of Magpies going back to my childhood. If I got one it would be hung AND drawn AND quartered. Bloody things seem to sense my aura and stay well away from me! Very wise.

I can see that working on Magpies - they're quite an intelligent bird and they can probably take the hint. Unlike rabbits.

Quote Originally Posted by hamish9701 View Post
    Well if it worked there be only one (insert any targeted dead thing) ever hanging on the fence until it's completely perished.

pig skins hung on fences... around here it is just showing off, and sometimes a "f___you" to the landowner if the hunters were poaching.

[QUOTE=planenutz;1193634]I have a deep-rooted dislike of Magpies going back to my childhood.

You and me both bruv. I hate the things.
    Very satisfying when I knock one over.
    Ya can't park there mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohawk .308 View Post
    If it was Taupo, they wouldn’t be parked at the airport, they’d be doing several laps around town.
    Same here...most days up and down and around..all young chaps like

Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    I can remember as a kid going with my dad to visit a rabbiter. He was full time employed on a large farm and lived in a small shack out the back of the farm.
    He hung all his kill on the fences. I think it may have been a way of showing that he was doing his job to his cocky employer. Certainly not showing off which most of these modern displays (parades) would appear to be.

Seen rabbit board guys do it as well.
    Back in the bunny board days we did hang a few now and again,,,only on the fence of a person who was a moaning prick and always on about how many bunnies we'd missed lol.
    Tahr, zimmer and Fat ninja like this.