Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree285Likes

Thread: RST Hunters Club - New Series

Just finished that.
    Nice one.
    Think Marty looked to be a bit out of his comfort zone having just been in and out of the Grand Canyon I recon stuff that too

Looks like they have broken the Jinx on the cham. 2 nice ones in one series
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

Would be nice to know where the shots went on those animals that didn’t drop on the spot and/or required a second shot ie the chamois last night. (Which in my opinion straight away looked like it had been hit with the first shot even though it bolted before collapsing)
    Sideshow and Micky Duck like this.
    ‘Many of my bullets have died in vain’

Cameraman Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnwolf View Post
    Would be nice to know where the shots went on those animals that didn’t drop on the spot and/or required a second shot ie the chamois last night. (Which in my opinion straight away looked like it had been hit with the first shot even though it bolted before collapsing)
    First shot on the large Tahr hit him in the lower jaw I believe, as he had a bit of blood coming from the muzzle. Not the kind of thing worth dwelling on within the episode. Second shot did the job well.

The chamois actually started coughing up fountains of blood as it sat down by the large rock, again, not the kind of thing we really wanted to showcase, so must have been hit in the lungs/throat on the initial shot.
    scottrods, Trout, 199p and 6 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hunters Club View Post
    First shot on the large Tahr hit him in the lower jaw I believe, as he had a bit of blood coming from the muzzle. Not the kind of thing worth dwelling on within the episode. Second shot did the job well.

The chamois actually started coughing up fountains of blood as it sat down by the large rock, again, not the kind of thing we really wanted to showcase, so must have been hit in the lungs/throat on the initial shot.
    Thanks for that.

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag

Good skills not to replay that stuff in detail, as we hunters try to exercise our ethics of taking the animals with the least amount of stress & injury. We dont need the gritty details.

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk
    scottrods, Trout, 199p and 4 others like this.

The missed shot on the Thar Bull went just high. Not surprising at 500 Metres - that is 550 yards, and a long shot for even very experienced hunters. Ballistic calculations are never 100% failsafe at that distance, with all sorts of things coming into play on the shot.

Must say Dave you really need to take a spare gun next time Antio goes fly fishing
    Barry the hunter likes this.
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

Anto's piece to camera while fishing is some classic kiwi comedy there.
    It really should go viral

Gamebirds and Canadas tonight team!
    Finnwolf likes this.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Anyone watch it tonight, Wednesday 21 September? If Anto said "pushed on/pushed up/ pushed through" once, he said it 673 times, FFS! And what about: "That's the hind we saw last night! Yeah, that's HIM!"..... HIM?? Now hinds have a gender identity crisis? Give me a break!
    7mmwsm and Moa Hunter like this.

agree 7mmwsm surprised more deer are not spooked but still enjoy the show

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmwsm View Post
    Did enjoy last night more than any of the others so far.
    But you guys talk to much when in close.
    When they're whispering I really struggle to hear what the hell they are saying. The subtitle text helps but perhaps a running commentary of what is happening and why, dubbed in latter when close bush hunting as last night could be better.
    When that close hand signals and body language is the rule.

Crook with Covid so recorded it an just finished watching it, bloody ripper episode! Can relate to the tension when they were waiting for that Sika stag to be in position for a shot.
    And @Ranger888? I heard it as ‘punched’ rather than ‘pushed’.

But your comment made me and Mrs Finnwolf grin each time we heard ‘punched’ we couldn’t help it

Finnwolf...yeah, I meant "punched"! I was half asleep when I wrote that! Onya!
    Finnwolf likes this.

Gone but not forgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger 888 View Post
    Anyone watch it tonight, Wednesday 21 September? If Anto said "pushed on/pushed up/ pushed through" once, he said it 673 times, FFS! And what about: "That's the hind we saw last night! Yeah, that's HIM!"..... HIM?? Now hinds have a gender identity crisis? Give me a break!
    That's a bit rough, Anto wasn't even in the episode at all!
    Shearer, Monk and Micky Duck like this.